NORAD Programme Intern – Garowe– Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the NORAD Programme in the targeted regions, SCI intends to recruit a NORAD Programme intern. The post holder will support the implementation and monitoring of NORAD Programme to promote safe and quality-learning environment. To ensure that girls and boys are safe and protected from all forms of risk and abuses in their schools and homes he/she will closely work and support target schools and communities in Nugal and Karkar regions.
Contract Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension
- Diploma in Education management or social science or post-secondary education qualifications with 6 months
- Experience of working with communities at grass-root level
- Ability to read and write in English as well as the national language
- Computer skills, with focus on word processing and excel
- Strong morals viz. honesty, open and transparency, generosity, altruism and respect
- Experience in working in harsh environment an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in diverse teams
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified candidates
How to Apply: The Application is Online, Click the link below:
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents