|Position Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Manager(1 Position)|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, with field travels to other parts of Somalia|
|Job type||Full Time|
|Closing date||8th January 2020|
|Reports to||Programs Director|
|Employment period||One year with possibility of extension|
OVERVIEW OF WARDI
WARDI is one of the leading national none governmental organizations in Somalia with operational presence across six regions in south central.WARDI’s mission is to provide dignified support to people affected by crises to enable them lead a dignified and prosperous life. WARDI has offices in Mogadishu,Beletweyne BuloBurte and Wanlaweyn in South Central as well a liaison office in Nairobi.WARDI specializes in responding to humanitarian emergencies, bridging the gap between crisis and resilience as well as long-term developmental projects with track record in implementing high quality health and nutrition, Food Security and Livelihood, Education, protection and WASH interventions. Our programming has the distinct attributes of applying bottom up approach that puts the communities, local authorities and governments (National and Federal states) at the center of our programmes.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated candidate to fill in the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position
- Develop the overall framework for the project’s M&E systems, in collaboration with WARDI and senior program staff, including requirements, reporting, baseline, and evaluation surveys. Develop and monitor the project’s monitoring plans to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
- Provide technical leadership and support to project staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, programme decision-making, and results reporting.
- Ensure the alignment of research and M&E activities with program goals and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Develop project tracking systems and monitor activities against the results framework.
- Conduct field visits for data quality assessments and validation, to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets.
- Coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data. Capture and document lessons learned; champion the scaling up best practices.
- Generate monthly indicator reports and tracking progress against key indicators.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of project activities to donor, including progress against targets set in the award agreement and annual work plan, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Promote the principles and practices of beneficiary accountability to colleagues by providing coaching in beneficiary feedback and other good practices as required.
- Advise and support project managers on choice of indicators and development of monitoring plans.
- Ensure WARDI’s programs are of high quality and are delivered according to the highest standards possible.
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation officers including recruitment, day-to-day management, development and training, appraisals etc.
- Train relevant program staff on M&E tools, data collection and analysis and basic surveying and sampling techniques.
- Participate in the development of WARDI annual reports.
- Represent WARDI at coordination forums including at technical working groups.
- Knowledge of programme monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with various assessment and evaluation methods.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of software necessary for data analysis.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer applications skills.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- University degree (Statistics, development economics, IT. Program development, social studies, monitoring and evaluation, Public health and Epidemiology or a related discipline)
- Must have professional experience 5 years at least based UN agencies and INGO or LNGO
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including experience with multi-sartorial and multi-donor funded programs and experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Knowledgeable in M&E methods and approaches in the agriculture, health, nutrition, or rural development sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Demonstrated experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Working knowledge of program implementation, and monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer applications skills including MS Office.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities under strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Ability to drive motorbike with valid driving license.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral with practical computer skills and competence with Microsoft office environment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letter and detailed CV to Kasimsalah@wardi.org or firstname.lastname@example.org the deadline for submission of application is 8th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WARDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.