CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services
Overview of Position
The UNIDO Project “Agro-Technology Development for Economic Growth in South and Central Somalia”, is designed to support the revival of productive sectors in Central and South Somalia regions by establishing a network of three agro-technology and enterprise development units to support Somali businesses in starting, rehabilitating and upgrading agro-industrial operations, accessing new technologies, markets and financing facilities.
The project is expected to support at least 300 existing and perspective entrepreneurs as well as supporting around 600 individuals in starting a micro-enterprise or finding a skilled employment, as a result of vocational and technical skills trainings delivered by one of the three project supported agro-technology and enterprise development Units. Within this framework, an agro-technology credit facility for Somalia MSMEs has been included within this project to ensure that beneficiaries supported through project activities would have access to an appropriate financing scheme.
- Serve as focal point for the project with local partners, vendors, and government counterparts during all daily project activities and implementation;
- Provide NC and CTA/UNIDO rep. with relevant daily updates on project activities, including especially security issues
- Coordinate UNIDO efforts sensitizing communities to the project and related activities
- Lead the field level initiatives aimed at 1) identifying, selecting, registering trainees, 2) managing all training, 3) toolkit procurement distribution and 4) monitoring of all auxiliary activities of project-targeted beneficiary groups
- Gather data and report activities to support the various reporting requirements to the donor, assessing the quality and effectiveness of workshops, training activities, distribution of inputs, etc.
- Provide Programmme logistic support as needed and requested by UNIDO Rep./CTA
- Any other tasks as may be required by the project.
This role works under the overall supervision of the UNIDO Project Manager (and representative) based in Mogadishu
- Respect for diversity
- Results orientation and accountability
- Planning and organizing
- Communication and trust
- Team orientation
- Client orientation
- Organizational development and innovation
Managerial competencies (as applicable):
- Strategy and direction
- Managing people and performance
- Judgement and decision making
- Conflict resolution
Education: Advanced university degree required with relevant field work experience in Somalia. Applicants with technical background in vocational skills, construction and/or engineering desirable.
Technical and Functional Experience: A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant practical experience working with youth, vocational skills training, and/or livelihood activities and coordinating with international and national partners. Languages: Fluency in English and Somali is required; additional knowledge of Swahili is desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may apply on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…