Job Title: Migration Officer.
Grade : Band 4
Organizational unit: Restoring Family Links
Reporting to:RFL Manager(technical line manager),BoramaBranch Coordinator (direct line manager)
Duty Station:Lawya Ado – Somaliland
Posting Date : 22rd. December 2019
Posting Expiry Date: 31 rd. December 2020
Contract Type : fixed Term (January-December 2020)
Overall Job Purpose
Under the technical supervision of RFL Programme manager Hargeisa, s/he is in charge for the implementation of the Migration programme both in Lowya Ado (base station) and Haridad (regular fied trips), ensuring that services to migrants are offered as defined in the programme and evolve as per the needs observed in the field. Is responsible for a transparent and appropriate spending of the corresponding budget. S/he is focal person for ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness, maintaining proper recording and filing of the corresponding information and facilitating the flow of data between the field, SRCS and ICRC RFL team based in Hargeisa and Nairobi and ensuring proper.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise 3 active RFL volunteers in Lowya Ado and Haridad who are delivering services to migrants, coordinating their field trips, and providing support/coaching on migration services and tools.
- In coordination with Hargeisa RFL office ensure that the nutrition bars and individual bottles with filters (and any other item that could be added to the programme) are ordered and received in the two migration offices in a timely manner that they could be distributed to the migrants.
- Ensure that the active RFL volunteers are well prepared and properly equipped whenever they go to meet with migrants.
- Ensure that cases of particularly vulnerable migrants, such a minors, are processed in priority.
- Ensure adequate treatment, follow-up and filing of Migration data / cases according to established procedures (RFL guidelines and Code of Conduct), including full respect for the consent, best interest and protection of data.
- Provide support in the registration, counting and sorting of RFL documents and messages received from the ICRC,SRCS and Branches for timely dispatch and retrieval when requested and centralize the corresponding data , make suggestions and recommendations to improve the quality of the services delivered and better adapt the programme to the needs observed
- Supervise and monitor the spending of the corresponding budget, is responsible to provide the RFL Programme coordinator in Hargeisa with the corresponding provisional budget on a monthly basis and all the required documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide support when it comes to preparation and implementation of activities related to the Management of the Dead.
- Provide whenever needed and requested support in the event of emergencies and or natural disasters.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
|Education||Completion of Secondary Education plus on-the job training or equivalent professional practice in community development|
|Professional Training||Office Administration or related field|
Job Competencies & Experience
|Competencies||· Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics· Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement|
· Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
· Consistently approaches work with energy and positive attitude
· Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
· Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
· Effective communications and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
|Language Requirement||Demonstrate proficiency in Oromo ( must) English (need), and Somali|
|Relevant Experience||Minimum 12-18 months of relevant experience in the field of disaster and emergency operations including RFL|
SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work in Hargeisa, with field trips to other regions.
Salary and conditions are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements, you can apply sending your CV email@example.com before 31rd December 2019.