Job Title: MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) OFFICER
Duty station: Hargeisa (With frequent travel to project Sites)
Duration of the contract: one year with possible extension
Reporting to: Program manager
Candlelight for Environment, Education & Health (Candlelight) is a local NGO based in Somaliland which is dedicated to development issues in under-served and/or marginalized Somaliland communities. The core areas of interventions are livelihoods/natural resource management/income generation, education, health and humanitarian interventions. Candlelight is interested to recruit qualified, dynamic and energetic Monitoring and Evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) Officer who will undertake the overall responsibilities of this unit and engage the overall M&E work across the Candlelight programs. Therefore, Candlelight is looking for highly qualified, energetic and dynamic MEAL OFFICER for its program.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer manages information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about Candlelight programmatic activities and results. The MEAL Officer will also play an important role in improving data and information quality, management, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization and partners. The MEAL Officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of Candlelight projects/ programs; developing appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Develop, implement, and assess monitoring frameworks for all Candlelight projects, as well as for funding proposals
- Develop the overall framework for project MEAL systems in collaboration with donor and senior project staff, including requirements, reporting, baselines, and evaluation
surveys; and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance
- Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
- Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project/ program targets and ensure inclusion of MEAL activities
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools; develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions
- Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements for Candlelight monitoring system.
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues, and contribute to system fixes
- Aggregate and analyze data from across Candlelight information platform to contribute to management decision-making and reporting
- Ensure quality and timely submission of all Candlelight quarterly reports
- Generate monthly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Ensure a unified approach to partner self-assessment and programmatic close-out reporting
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; coordinate data collection at project sites to monitor program development and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data; capture and document lessons learned; and champion the scaling up best practices
- Provide technical leadership and support to project and partner staff in planning and implementing M&E systems and activities, data-based program decision-making, and results reporting; provide training as needed
- Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concept notes for related programming
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way
- Edit content and presentation of all reporting and deliverables before submittal to ensure quality and professionalism
- Coordinate responses to requests for information
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes and products
- Support recruiting, interviewing, and training new M&E staff and/or consultants
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with partner organizations donors, private sectors partners, and national authorities
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in statistics, M&E or any other relevant field
- Minimum of five years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight
How TO Apply
If you think that you can fulfill the above criteria and conditions please forward your latest resume with three reference and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than on 16th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted.
Note: Candlelight is equal employment employer and therefore, all qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.