Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
We seek to recruit a MEAL Officer who will lead the design and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework as well as the project information system. Develop and manage the Project’s Monitoring Plan (PMP) in collaboration with project staff and partners, lead analysis of project data to assess progress and areas of improvement. Develop and maintain systems to collect and analyses information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the program, guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidate Programme reports.
The position purpose includes:
- Development, management and implementation of project MAEL plan.
- Ensure timely collection of MEAL data.
- In liaison with DPM lead, motivate and supervise the CMS on the proper use of the MEAL tools.
Documentation and dissemination of project information
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the guidance of Deputy program manager carry out MEAL activities implementation in Puntland.
- Support the development and implementation of clear, practical MAEL plan.
- Establish data collection system within programmes when requested/review existing data collection tools and systems.
- Support teams-through regular meetings and on job support together, collate and analyse monitoring data, as well as to report on findings from monitoring activities,
- Under take regular visit to the field to support beneficiary accountability process.
- Participate in the development of template and guidelines for data gathering, collation and reporting in liaison with programme managers and coordinators.
- Provide technical support to programme teams with qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting when requested; work with programme staff to do monthly analysis of output data. Improve gathering and use of qualitative data, e.g through use of case studies.
- Participate in the design and execution of surveys and other assessments; actively collect data where necessary.
- Coordinate and share learning related to MEAL practices at the field office level, as well as offices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· University degree in social science, economics/any other relevant filed or equivalent experience.
· 2-3 more years’ experience of data collection, collation, analysis and report writing.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
· Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills, highly motivated and flexible.
· Excellent computer skill, particularly with Microsoft excels and other statistical packages.
· Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote area, where services are limited.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 25th May 2020.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
· An updated CV; and
· An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.