Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator for integrated health, nutrition, WASH and FSL emergency project (Somali National)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To provide technical leadership on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning to Shiekh Althani project(Provision of Emergency Life-saving interventions (Health, Nutrition, WASH and Livelihoods) to drought and conflict affected communities in Somalia. Save the Children will implement an integrated project to provide emergency health, nutrition, WASH, cash for food services to drought affected communities across 6 of the 18 regions of Somalia; Somaliland (Sool and Togedheer); Puntland (Mudug and Bari); and South Central Somalia (Bakool and Mogadishu) with a focus on areas that have huge health/nutrition service gaps and particularly areas affected by the current drought with IDP populations.
The MEAL Coordinator will work with the Area MEAL managers, research team and program team to focus on increasing program’s ability to demonstrate the impact of our work (value for money); to advise program team and coordinate with them on key information needs, data management (based on the logical framework) to ensure that effectiveness of information flows as well as improving on results based programme reporting
Location: Somalia (Moqdishu, Hargeisa or Garowe) with frequent travel to other project Locations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
- Minimum Four years practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in international non-governmental organisation
- Familiarity with MEAL systems of SCI and experience in leading team on implementation of such system
- Demonstrable track-record in data tracking and evaluation, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences
- Practical knowledge or experience of working in humanitarian response and recovery at a technical senior level position
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, Statistical Packages and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How to Apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents