POSITION DESCRIPTION – Marketing and Distribution Manager
Duty Station: Hargeisa Somaliland
Management Responsibility: Sales, Marketing and call Centre staff
Integrated Logistics Solutions Group (ILSG) was established 2012 by a group of experts based in Somaliland. ILSG Is a full-service companies, skilled in vehicle leasing, rental transportation, Procurement, freight forwarding, cleaning and relocation management, distribution and delivering innovative solutions, for even the most difficult logistics challenges?
In spring of 2018, the Swiss High-Tech Company “Trunz Water Systems” invested into the Hargeisa based “SwisSom Ventures”, by providing high-end water purification Systems
WAQAL Natural Mineral Water under Integrated Logistics Solutions Group (ILSG) established joint venture agreement withSwisSom Ventures, to establish a business partnership with one of the most successful water purification companies.
With their high capacity Water Purification Factory, SwisSom Ventures wants to provide safe drinking water to the population with a low income, as well as to the rural communities, that cannot afford bottled water.
The machines are internationally certified and reduce 99.9% of all bacteria and viruses, as well as other health threatening elements.
The water undergoes a fourfold purification process and is tested in official laboratories in Switzerland.
Operation Manager, SwisSom Director
Develop, implement and manage all marketing and publicity activities in close consultation with the General Manager and relevant stakeholders. Effectively market WAQAL Natural Mineral Water to promote the sales and increase the target customers. Act as the key liaison between potential clients, internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a strong market presence for WAQAL Natural Mineral WATER.
The purpose of the Marketing and Distribution Manager Position is to drive awareness and sales for WAQAL Natural Mineral Water including Managing the department staff, sales and distribution of the water to the target customers.
- Produce and execute a marketing plan for the Waqal Natural Mineral Water to maximise the customers
- Produce and execute a marketing plan for the distribution of the Households levels, INGO’s and UN agencies
- Prepare all mail outs (electronic and physical) for posting
- Ensure WAQAL marketing material is available for all shows, events and gigs
- Ensure photographs and video images are taken to capture records of all major events
- Develop online media kits and an on-line marketing presence
- Develop and update a media database
- In collaboration with the General Manager write and send media releases
- Engage graphic designers and artists to create posters and other collateral including signage
- Produce and execute sales& distribution plan for the WAQAL Water natural and mineral water.
- Implement effective sales and distribution strategies to the Natural Water
- Produce and develop an overall distribution strategy plan in conjunction with General and Operations Manager’s respectively.
- Build new client relationships offering the companies branded Water
- Attend local trade shows & exhibitions –
- Supervise Sales and Distribution Assistant – ensuring that they have enough to do and that the work is done effectively
- Generate quarterly sales and distribution reports for our funders and trustees
- Proof read all materials ready for printing and obtain approval for printing from the General Manager
- Obtain quotes for printing of marketing materials
- Liaise with printers through the printing stages to delivery
- Administer the Waqal Natural and Mineral Water
- Manage the e-newsletter from the website
- Manage Facebook and Twitter administration
- Upload video and pictures to the Waqal website, Facebook & Twitter accounts
- Ensure Waqal website is current with information and photos
- Manage the merchandise of t-shirts, caps, track suits etc
- Develop and manage a merchandise sales strategy with the Customer Service Coordination
- Manage the database of participants and ensure quality of communications with participants
- Answer the phones as required
- Check and distribute the phone messages as required
- Attend the weekly staff meeting
- Prepare a monthly marketing report for the General Manager
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, and Logistics would be desirable along with a willingness to learn and use initiative.
- A strong understanding of basic marketing and distribution techniques such as writing and sending media releases, posting information on websites, database management, EDM creation and distribution and using social media in a positive way.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in a similar companies.
- Deep and clear understanding of Marketing and Distribution principles and activities.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty. Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
How to apply:
Qualified persons interested in this position are invited to submit the CV with 3 references and a cover letter summarizing and giving an overview of their educational background and work experience not later than on 6th December 2019, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org at 2:30 PM.