Job Opportunity -External & Internal Vacancy Advertisement:
Position Title : Logistics Coordinator (National position),
Date of issued: 31st December, 2019 Closing Date: 11th January 2020, reporting: Country Director,
Duty Station: Mogadishu with frequently travel to Garowe & Hargeisa
Line Management Responsibilities: Logistics officers and Assistants,
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 Year with possibility of extension.
Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
To undertake all logistical functions in Country level on all sector issues and to manage effective and efficient implementation of IRS programmes
Key Duties and Responsibilities Manage the supply chain
· To familiarize him/self with the IRS Procurement/Logistics Manual and comply with the policies outlined in therein.
· Ensure keeping of an accurate inventory of assets and stock.
· Ensure effective procurement planning
· Support projects in development of procurement plans and consolidate project procurement plans at the Country level
· Organization, coordinate and manage the procurement process for each project in coordination with the Area offices in-charges, Finance Manager and Country Director
· Ensuring timely purchases for project use and office use and in line with procurement plans.
· Reviewing quotations and analyzing them for price, quality, timeless and service.
· Advise Procurement Committee on procurement process
· Carry out market price surveys in local markets
· Ensure that there is an up-to-date market price index to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
· Provide relevant support for all the procurements in other Field Offices
· Compliance to IRS and donor procurement rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control
· Ensure full compliance of IRS internal controls and put in place all relevant Documentations to avoid conflict of interest, fraud and unfair treatments to suppliers during the evaluations and vendor selection
· Up hold IRS Procurement principles and perform the key duties and functions of the department and provide excellence in the procurement of supplies, works and services in IRS
· Adhere to IRW Procurement Code of ethics and familiarize with him/herself and maintain the highest standard of integrity in all business relationships
Supervise the team
· Draw up a work plans;
· Delegate the activities and check that they are carried out properly;
· Organize training sessions;
· Provide technical support to the team if necessary.
· Conduct appraisal for the staff at end of the year
· Prepare and submit logistics and procurement reports
· Write follow-up reports on purchase orders and transmit them to the bases/programmes and to the Operations Support Manager
Country Management Team Member
· As CMT member the incumbent will attend the CMT meetings and advise on the matters under discussion and contribute to the solutions
· Prepare logistics issues required to be decided by the management and present in the CMT meetings
· Take party the implementation of the CMT decision and his/her assigned tasks in the CMT
Personal Specifications Qualification
· University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in business administration,
Management, public administration, economics or related area.
· A diploma in purchasing is an added advantage
· A minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs or UN bodies, or a related field is required. Experience with clearing, freight forwarding is also required.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
· Proven technical competencies in the design of logistics work plans, procurement plans
· Ability to work with a team in a multi-cultural environment and good team member/leadership;
· Positive approach to problem solving
· Ability to plan for emergency logistics response
· A focus on results, balanced with a sensitive and honest approach to people
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet position requirements
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
· An updated CV; and An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your passport
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Kindly note that applications selection is on progress and interviews will be on a continuing basis due to the urgent need of the position.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.