|JOB TITLE: Logistic & Supply Chain Assistant|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support, Supply Chain||LOCATION: Bosaso|
|GRADE: 5||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:As an integral staff member of the Save the Children, the Logistics Assistant will support the field team by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in Bosaso region of Puntland|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Logistics & Supply Chain Officer|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Puntland with over 150 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: I. Warehouse and Stocks Management|
1. Receive all incoming supplies; inspect and verify for conformity to order specifications and delivery notes
2. Act as custodian and controller for all the items in Save the Children warehouse(s) in Bossaso.
3. Identification of materials on receipt and dispatch
4. Record all goods received are recorded in standard Save the Children templates [GRN] goods received note
5. Ensure appropriate packing and loading of materials for dispatch and supervise material loading and unloading
6. Assign storage locations for all goods received and ensure that they are handled as per Save the Children procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
7. Record all goods dispatched by Save the Children in standard templates
8. Ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept files as per SC filing system
9. Issue/distribute materials, products, parts and supplies to field staff, based on Save the Children standard requisition procedures
10. Conduct monthly and quarterly stock physical counts.
11. Follow up with staff to ensure that goods do not stay for long periods in the stores, and recommend disposal of excess, expired, defective or obsolete stock
12. Ensure the stores are kept in a good reparative order, are kept locked and are clean and tidy.
13. Ensure that the TIM system is up to date as always.
II. Assets and Inventory Management
III. Fleet Management
IV. Transportation & Freight
· Report, as required, on project work and any management issues arising in each assignment (to the area management teams)
· Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, procurement and logistics, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular, to promote the full and equal participation of women and children in all aspects of the work.
· Within reason, implement additional actions and responsibilities, as requested by your line manager.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSDelivering Results (Skilled)|
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively with Others (Skilled)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE· Bachelor degree in Business administration/Procurement or other relevant field.|
· Good Written and spoken English and Somali languages
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
Declaration of commitment:
I …………… understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract
Signature: ……………….. Date: ………………