Logistics and Procurement Officer
VSF Germany, Ngong’ Road, Piedmont Plaza, 2nd Floor.P.O.Box 25653,00603 Nairobi, Kenya
VSF Germany is an international Non Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. VSF Germany supports in animal health, livestock related agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, capacity development of communities and governmental institutions, peace and conflict resolution with the ultimate aim of food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. It focuses on Livestock, food security and Livelihoods, Natural Resources Management, Peace and Conflict, Good governance, Disasters & Emergency, and Agriculture, marketing, but also with developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. The regional office is based in Nairobi.
This position is based in Hargeisa and is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of all the logistics/procurement functions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all VSFG logistics tasks are carried out in compliance with the VSFG requirements
- Provide effective and timely logistics/procurement support to all programmes in relation to supply chain, assets, premises
- Conduct market surveys to gather & compare information on materials and applicable pricing.
- Maintain an updated database of prospective suppliers and regularly update respective price lists.
- Monitor & appraise Supplier and vendor reliability.
- Management of assets and inventories
- Ensure the fulfilment of all legal vehicle requirements – Insurance, inspections etc
- Ensure direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles
- Oversee proper use of fuel rations; maintain log and account for fuel and oil storage tanks
- Ensure that staff members are proficient in the use of safety and security equipment, including communications equipment, vehicle emergency equipment and personal security safeguards required for work in the field
- Vehicle fleet safety and security, regular vehicle checks and maintenance
- Coordinate procurements for all VSFG Projects
- Coordinating with suppliers, projects, finance and programmes for procurements
- Consolidation of procurements as per the Internal ordering requests and procurement plans submitted
- Ensuring that the procurements are undertaken as per the per VSFG regulation
- Update of the inventory register with details of stock movement procurement, disposal, hand over, theft, obsolescence
- Ensure issues are in compliance with warehousing regulations
- Submit stock report on a quarterly basis
- Prepare Monthly fleet/generator fuel & spare part usage report
Qualification ,Experience and skills required
- At least 5 years experience in logistics & procurement position within an international organization
- Degree in Business,supply chain managment , logistics or related field.
- Computer skills with ability to use Microsoft office package
- Must have 4 years of experience in driving with valid driving license
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong interpersonall skills
- Experience in security managment is an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts to: Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org also cc to Tani@vsfg.org . Indicate the job Title ‘LOGISTICS & PROCUREMENT OFFICER-SOMALILAND’ the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is 25th October 2019. This is a National position and Somali Citizens are encouraged to apply.
N/B: VSF G does not ask for payment from applicants for recruitment of any position in its organization.