SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Logistics & Admin Manager (1 Position)
To ensure the administration and logistics functions within SOS Children’s villages Somalia is efficiently and effectively supporting the country programs. Manage the admin and logistics function within SOS Somalia, ensuring full compliance with SOS procedures as well as donor specific policies and procedures governing administration and logistics. Leads the admin & Logistics team within the organization providing guidance and control as necessary. Ensure SOPs are drafted and adopted to ensure business continuity and mitigate against all possible risks
Report to: National Director
Key Area of responsibility:
Transport & Fleet Management:
- Ensure management of vehicle fleet is in line with SOS children’s Village’s minimum standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the programme.
- Ensure vehicle servicing and maintenance schedules are in place, adhered to and ensure accountability by fleet team, in particular with fuel consumption.
- Responsible for all SOS transport fleet and locally hired vehicles, if applicable.
- Supervise fleet staff at the National office and provide technical support to field fleet staff.
- Co-ordinate with programme managers to ensure transport requirements are being met at all times.
- Manage all transport requirements including Vehicle log books (VLB), fuel, and maintenance and servicing, ensuring all vehicles are fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for short or long journeys.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained as per SOS fleet manual and security standards.
- Manage and coordinate performance of drivers and make regular inspection of vehicles and vehicle logbooks.
- Liaise with and make recommendations to National Director on repair and maintenance of vehicles based on the reports submitted by fleet team at National office.
- Carry out monthly checks on all tools and vehicle spares in all SOS vehicles and recommend replenishment.
- Provide monthly evaluation reports on all transport logistics issues to the National Director: fueling system of SOS vehicles, monthly transport analysis of vehicle cost and efficiency, as per SOS standard Vehicle Log Book and Fleet summary report formats.
- Implement an efficient vehicle booking and movement planning system (daily, weekly, late, personal use, etc.) and usage of the vehicles for programs as per SOS standard tools of vehicle booking and allocation.
- Ensure all SOS vehicle safety and security procedures and measures are strictly adhered to at all times across the country programme.
- Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of mails and courier.
- Prepare and submit to the National Director, vehicle disposal and fleet replenishment reports, as necessary.
- Ensure all fleet communication systems are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use.
- Report all fleet security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Responsible for full implementation of SOS minimum standards for assets management across the country programme, including adherence by all staff to asset management policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely physical verification and update of the centralized master assets register, including tracking of donor, value, and location, etc.
- Oversee issuing of assets to staff and recording of asset movements across the country programme.
- Monitor the condition of assets and maintain asset condition reports.
- Prepare SOS and Donor asset disposal plans to ensure timely disposal of assets, including damaged and obsolete assets, in line with SOS and Donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure that an annual asset count is conducted in all locations
- Establish an asset maintainance schedule in corrabolation with the Head of maintainance
- Establish and guide on an asset tagging methodology and ensure all assets are tagged
- Ensure timely submission of annual asset disposal reports for the country programme.
TIM and Warehouse/Stock Management:
- Ensure SOS stock management and administration systems, policies and procedures are implemented throughout the programme.
- Monitor programme stock levels and advise on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet programme demands.
Ensure all new items purchased are entered in SOS’s Total Inventory Management (TIM) software and ensure timely reconciliations with Stock/Assets register.
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse and TIM online stock management software.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual stock checks and reconciliations are conducted on schedule.
- Ensure all stock and assets purchased are entered in TIM and TIM generated GRN is used for payment.
- Ensure all program stocks are released through TIM and accompanied with a waybill to Beneficiaries/point of usage.
- Ensure BHs and field TIM focal persons are informed about all expired, expiring projects and other irregularities or discrepancy in TIM and corrective measures are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure an annual stock take is undertaken in all programmes
- Prepare stock report
- Support the National Director in ensuring that the procurement policy is disseminated and implemented strictly.
- Propose improvements to the procurement policy and implementation tools
- Take lead in ensuring that procurement planning is undertaken in all programmes
- Ensure timely and efficient procurement of materials and services
- Ensure that SOS procurement practises are aligned to the donor requirements
- Ensure that an efficient stores system and management is in place to help record and track stocks (repeted from TIM and Warehouse/Stock Management)
- Ensure that all clearance for imported goods is undertaken in time to avoid penalties and demurages
- Ensure adherence by logistics team to communication protocols at CO and field level
- Establish standard operating procedures for the MA in relation to Liason activities & services
- Advise the national Director on key risks related to Liason and map out mitigation strategies
- Establish reliable contacts with all government relevant minsitries and agencies in all the program locations
- Establish a compliance register for all reports and timelines to government agiencies and ministries in all the program locations
- Establish a contact list for all external stakeholders
- Develop a stand communication templates to government offcies in consultation with the communications officer
- Maintain key admin relationships:Lawyers,government, suppliers ,Immigration services, departments, etc
- Establish documentation system for all outgoing and incoming communication to external parties
- Coordinate and provide an annual budget to the National Director for all office running and maintenance costs.
- Ensure that a standard operating procedure is in place for receiving visitors in the offices is in place
- Advise the National Director on the most efficient and economical office set up while allocating all staff an appropriate working space complete with the requisite office furniture and equipment
- Develop, review and improve policies and procedures in relation to effective and efficient office administration system.
- Ensure all offices are maintained in such a manner that they project the brand of the Organisation.
- Ensure that all staff have access to requisite office amenities eg. Segregated washrooms, drinking water etc.
- Ensure that all administrative and logistics staff are well appraised and oriented on their duties and responsibilities and that they perfom as per their contracts
- Coach and Mentor all Logistics and admin Staff across the country programme.
- Maintain and where necessary develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information
- Promote good practice that would ensure the timely and efficient provision administrative services are constantly maintained across the country
- Ensure visa applications and invitation letters are provided in time for all visitors
- Ensure the guesthouse is well maintained at all times with all amenities functioning.
- Ensure secure transport is availed to all programmes and staff at all times
- Ensure that all relevant records are well maintained and secured at all times
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and submit proposed solutions.
- Monitor logistics support costs in liaison with the National Director and field teams to ensure expenditures remain within approved budgets.
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner.
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of direct reports and field logistics support staff by managing performance on an on-going basis.
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update and submit the Country Master Asset Register to National Director on a monthly basis.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports monthly.
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and Security departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
Qualification & Experience
- Hold relevant Administration and/or Logistics MBA desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing a whole range of administration
- And logistics services to an organisation, ideally with at least 3 years in an International
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving
- Proven financial management skills and human resources
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised logistics packages and spreadsheets
- Ability to influence senior managers and peers over a wide range of
- Ability to develop close working relationships with internal and external
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver complex and technical messages in simple
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 14th December 2019
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.