YouthLink Somalia is a local humanitarian NGO operating in South and Central Somalia. YouthLink works to enable the poor and vulnerable communities to improve livelihoods and build their resilience through long-term development and life-saving programmes.
|Reports to||Program Coordinator|
|Contract Details||1 year & Renewable with Paid Annual Leave|
|The Livelihood Project Officer is responsible for successful implementation of Self-Help Group scheme in Bandar region including developing innovative measures to build the capacity of SHGs in microfinance, ensuring effective monitoring to document practice and impact|
|KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:|
|Liveliho Programme activity implementation● Responsible for managing, planning implementation and monitoring activities, outputs, impact and adapt the livelihood section of SHGs activities of the programme as needed.|
● Responsible for developing annual work plans, budgets, progress and final reports and donor reports as required
● Contribute to proposal development, programme design and budget to donors.
● Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans for effective execution of the SHGs’ component activities to improve livelihoods of particularly extreme poor and vulnerable households in target communities.
● Ensure good team work and close collaboration, proper communication and coordination within the programme staff to ensure proper implementation of programme’s income generating activities.
● Proactively participate in baseline and end line data collection.
● Provide training to Community Workers/Facilitators to effectively support SHGs maintain documentation ledgers for SHGs
● Recruit adult literacy and numeracy teachers to deliver adult literacy classes for SHG members in their respective locations
|Community Mobilization and beneficiary selection|
|● Working the community representatives and local authorities, lead and organize identification and verification of target SHGs beneficiaries and ensure the poorest and most vulnerable and marginalized households are targeted and selected as SHGs members● Conduct profiling of SHG members; analyze the data and preparing report|
● Establish and maintain a good rapport with project beneficiaries and local stakeholders
● Ensure CRM awareness in the target communities and complaints from project participants are reported, documented and actions taken to handle them.
|Establishment, Capacity building, supporting and monitoring of SHG groups|
|● Organize and facilitate the establishment of selected beneficiaries into SHGs● Organise and facilitate trainings on Self Help Groups (SHGs) Concept and business development skills to SHG groups to build capacity of SHGs to function as effective SHGs Groups|
● Provide follow up and technical support to SHG groups in designing profitable income generating activities and alternative/complementary business by identifying and helping understand market demands
● Monitor the performance of SHGs groups as per project scheme (Group Commitment, Cohesion, Weekly meetings and contributions and maintenance of group documentation ledgers
● Conduct SHGs assessment to assess level of SHGs performance both prior to and after grant release
● Identify most successful SHGs and help themselves organize into Cluster Level Associations (CLAs)
● Identify the most and the least successful IGAs as per key project performance indicators (KPIs)
|Reporting & Documentation|
|● Produce high quality report on monthly, quarterly and final reports as and when required● Ensure records of SHGs profiles, assessments are in place and accessible|
● Prepare case studies on successes achieved by individual SHGs members and individual SHGs as well
|Coordination and Representation|
|● Coordinate with relevant staff from Partner organisation, sectors local/national authorities and attend relevant Cluster meeting|
|Other Any other duties|
|● Duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the line Manager|
|Qualifications and Competencies|
|This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment (Only Female)● A University degree preferably in the Field of socioeconomic development and business management,|
● At least 3 years of employment experience related to sustainable livelihoods and microfinance, including practical experience in microenterprise development, community-based microfinance services
● Strong analytical skills in livelihood assessments using a livelihoods approach and participatory methodologies
● Ability to work under pressure without constant supervision
● Excellent communication and inter-personal and organizational skills
● Excellent computer skills, including word, excel and databases
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Somali
● Strong commitment to helping the poorest to improve their wellbeing and achieve their goals
How to ApplySubmit your application (Cover letter, updated CV) with at least 3 references by hand to YouthLink Somalia Office at Km5 Bulo-Hubey Street |Wadajir district |Mogadishu |Tel: 85203 |Email: email@example.com with subject line ”Application for “Livelihood Project Officer by January31st . Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted