CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
In response to increasing defections from non-state militant groups in Somalia, the Federal Government of Somalia (FGoS) and UN partners embarked on a process to develop the “National Programme on the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants” (National Programme). The National Programme maintains the objective of establishing a comprehensive process that allows for low-risk disengaged combatants and women associated with Al Shabab (WAAS) through transition centres in Kismayo and Baidoa. The transition centres offer support to equip beneficiaries with the skills to socially and economically reintegrate into society. This support includes the provision of basic education, civic education, religious counselling, and life skills, business, financial literacy and vocational training.
Our client, Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) unit is seeking to recruit an experienced Life Skills and Financial Literacy Trainer to support beneficiaries in achieving livelihood goals. The position involves:
- Counselling beneficiaries regarding educational, vocational, and career goals,
- Facilitating life skills training to teach beneficiaries both soft (e.g. conflict resolution, emotion management, leadership) and hard skills (e.g. resume writing, interviewing, job searching) to facilitate employment, and
- Facilitating financial literacy training to teach beneficiaries basic financial concepts.
- The position will work closely with social workers and other instructors in the center to develop individulaized livelihood plans for beneficiaries. Overall contract Performance management will be done under the supervision of the center manager with technical oversight from the Youth Livelihoods Project Officer.
- Help beneficiaries identify personal strengths and skills based on educational background, employment history, and career goals;
- Provide beneficiaries with information and strategies for excelling in the workplace and dealing with job dissatisfaction;
- Identify individual barriers to employment and assess need for further training;
- Assist beneficiaries with job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing resumes, and preparing for job interviews;Life Skills Training
- Conduct life skills training to teach psychosocial skills such as decision-making, conflict resolution, and emotions management, among others; Financial literacy
- Develop and provide classroom teaching to implement a financial literacy curriculum to teach beneficiaries low literacy how to manage personal finances responsibly and obtain financial self-sufficiency;
- Motivate students to take control of their financial well-being;
- Develop and implement strategies to support and foster financial literacy to students.
- Create, update and maintain training materials, manuals, handouts, practice exercises and administrative documentation;
- Maintain standardized student assessments and record keeping system for student progress and attendance;
- Work with social workers to ensure that student case files are maintained properly and student progress reports are reviewed periodically to reflect individual progress towards goals;
- Participate in needs and interest assessments and regularly monitor beneficiaries’ well-being and needs;
- Establish rapport/trust with beneficiaries;
- Integrate a variety of teaching strategies and curriculum content;
- Give explanations, reasonable and appropriate assignments, and directions clearly;
- Organize the classroom to contribute to the learning process;
- Perform other duties related to the DDR program as assigned by supervisor.
Youth Livelihood Project Officer
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may apply on the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…