|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
Our client is looking to hire experienced Laboratory Technician Staff for one of their hospitals in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support for laboratory services at a hospital in Nairoabi, Kenya.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalised & caring attitude.
- Participate in public health awareness initiatives.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Using the highest industry standards, s / he renders laboratory services in both in patient & out patient settings, using an evidence based approach in keeping with generally accepted standards for the profession.
- S / He shall follow set rules for laboratory routine protocols & SOP’s.
- Duties include performance of lab tests as requested by the clinician & the collection, recording of scientific data both quantitative & qualitative.
- S / He shall be responsible for correct calibration & maintenance of all machines & equipment in the lab, as well as those items dispersed across the hospital for point of care testing.
- Malfunctions should be reported immediately to the biomedical team.
- S / He may be required to provide daytime & after hours services for elective & emergency admissions on a rotational basis, during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends & contractual leave periods.
- Reviews with the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager, adverse events, problem incidents & complaints & explores all opportunities to improve the quality of care & provide recommendations with regards to risk management.
- Participates in the quality assurance program for lab services & monitors key performance indicators.
- Assists the Directorate Head & Laboratory Manager in developing best practices guidelines & protocols.
The Laboratory Technician will report to the Laboratory Manager.
– Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent.Experience:
– Minimum 3 years post graduate experience in histopathology.
Knowledge / Technical skills:
– BLS provider.
– Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
– Good time management skills.
– Strong customer service ethic.
– Good interpersonal & communication skills.
– MS Office computer skills.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- This role is for roster / talent building purposes.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.