Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- UNIDO is a specialized agency of the UN. Its mandate is to promote & accelerate sustainable industrial development in developing countries & economies in transition, & work towards improving living conditions in the world’s poorest countries by drawing on its combined global resources & expertise. The Program Development & Technical Cooperation Division (PTC) is responsible for providing technical cooperation services on technological & economic issues covered by UNIDO’s mandate in developing countries & countries with economies in transition.
- The UNIDO Project “Agro Technology Development for Economic Growth in South & Central Somalia”, is designed to support the revival of productive sectors in Central & South Somalia regions by establishing a network of 3 agrotechnology & enterprise development units to support Somali businesses in starting, rehabilitating & upgrading agroindustrial operations, accessing new technologies, markets & financing facilities.
- The project is expected to support at least 300 existing & perspective entrepreneurs as well as supporting around 600 individuals in starting a microenterprise or finding a skilled employment, as a result of vocational & technical skills trainings delivered by 1 of the 3 project supported agrotechnology & enterprise development units. Within this framework, an agrotechnology credit facility for Somalia MSMEs has been included within this project to ensure that beneficiaries supported through project activities would have access to an appropriate financing scheme.
- Under the overall supervision of the UNIDO Project Manager (& Representative) based in Mogadishu, the incumbent shall carry out the following duties:
- Serve as focal point for the project with local partners, vendors & govt. counterparts during all daily project activities & implementation.
- Provide NC & CTA / UNIDO rep. with relevant daily updates on project activities, including especially security issues.
- Coordinate UNIDO efforts sensitizing communities to the project & related activities.
- Lead the field level initiatives aimed at a) Identifying, selecting, registering Trainees, b) Managing all training, c) Toolkit procurement distribution & d) monitoring of all auxiliary activities of project targeted beneficiary groups.
- Gather data & report activities to support the various reporting requirements to the donor, assessing the quality & effectiveness of workshops, training activities, distribution of inputs, etc.
- Any other tasks as may be required by the project.
Outputs & deliverables:
- Stakeholder engagement is transparent & communication between counterparts effective to streamline activities & maintain positive collaboration.
- Project activities reported on & security status consistently considered in all activities & reported on to NC & the CTA.
- Community entry & sensitization efforts strengthen project ownership & sustainability.
- Identification of & training of project beneficiaries is conducted with efficiency & management of training & tracking of project technology & toolkits maintained effectively.
- Reports are prepared in a timely manner & are of high quality.
- As determined by the TA.
- This role works under the overall supervision of the UNIDO Project Manager (& Representative) based in Mogadishu.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Advanced University Degree required along with relevant field work experience in Kismaayo, Somalia.
- Applicants with technical background in vocational skills, construction & / or engineering desirable.
Technical & functional experience:
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant practical experience working with youth, vocational skills training & / or livelihood activities & coordinating with international & national partners.
- Fluency in English & Somali is required.
- Additional knowledge of Swahili is desirable.
- Respect for diversity.
- Results orientation & accountability.
- Planning & organizing.
- Communication & trust.
- Team orientation.
- Client orientation.
- Organizational development & innovation.
Other relevant information:
- Kismaayo, Jubaland.
HOW TO APPLY:
Canddiates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: