Human Resource Directorate
Position: IT System Administrator
UNIVERSITY OF HARGEISA is looking for a qualified applicant for the vacant position of Systems Administrator at the University of Hargeisa, Somaliland.
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Responsibilities include accountability for all regulatory, compliance, and policy considerations stemming from the operations of all System related matters.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor Degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience in Linux System Administration
- Extensive experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Installation and configuration of Linux systems
- Experience in managing the following systems:
- Mariadb/Mysql databases
- Nodejs… etc
- Perform System backups (local and remote)
- Experience working with cloud hosting providers such as Digitalocean, AWS, etc
- Experience using remote system administration tools
- Monitor system performance metrics
- System capacity/resource planning and budgeting
- Provide technical support and guidance
- Technical Documentation
- Application Developer (Full stack)
- Experience with Mariadb/Mysql and SQL in general
- Familiarity with Git development workflow
- Familiarity with Github/Gitlab/Bitbucket or similar services
- General understanding of ERP systems
- Experience with Application development frameworks (Frappe/ERPNext experience is regarded as an added advantage)
- Designing REST API
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- System design
- Experience maintaining and expanding existing system
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali
- Integrity/ethics and the ability to meet deadlines.
Those interested should email a two page CV with a one page post specific statement of their suitability and also provide 3 references, including a recommendation letter from their current or previous line manager and copy of their academic credentials to Human Resource Directorate of the University of Hargeisa:email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 1stJanuary 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.