Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. ACTED’s staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill an IT Officer based in Hargeisa but also supporting to Badhan, Garowe, Kismayo, Baidoa and Mogadishu.
This position will require the individual to perform IT related tasks and offer IT Support to all staff within ACTED Kenya/Somalia/Somaliland mission as may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users in house and in the field.
- Handles and resolves end user issues via telephone, email and onsite support.
- Develops procedures and controls for service improvements and recommend solutions to common problems
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve Technical problems.
- Provide technical support to users remotely and onsite and support user data backups,
- Respond promptly to client calls/emails to resolve questions and problems and Escalate client issues promptly, when appropriate.
- Ensures that all technical resources are available for meetings e. projector, laptops, and cables as request by user.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining computer networks,
- Support set up of computer security Measures-Antivirus installation and maintenance.
- Documenting major incidences as they occur
- Asset management
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services and Identifies staff training needs based on common problems.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Engages the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Coordinates the resolution of escalated application, hardware and software problems
- Provide monthly IT reports as directed.
- Enforce IT asset usage policies and standards as outlined in the ACTED ICT policy.
- Take responsibility to visit ACTED bases in case of problems in computer issues (e.g. Emails, network problems…) through submission and validation of Mission Leave Request form;
- Ensure the repairing and maintenance of any internet or communication problem on the basis of activity under his responsibility;
- Proactively monitor system security patches and malware updates
- Server management
- Maintains passwords and users credentials to assure systems security and data integrity.
- Data/System Backup and recovery
- Any other duty that may be requested by your supervisor.
- Educational level required: Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field.
- CCNA, MCSE professional certification a plus
- Experience: at least 3 years of relevant technical work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies (satellite/VSAT technology, wireless networks, HF and VHF Radio, microwave) and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls and Routers
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) esp. Outlook
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the Staff’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result
- Excellent time-management skills. Able and willing to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be willing to travel to various locations in Somalia and Somaliland.
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English.
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5:00PM on 7th Jan 2019 with the subject line“ICT OFFICER; HARGEISA”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.