|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.|
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position|
The consultants will be responsible for the support and implementation of COVID 19 response & preparedness related activities in the geographic area of concern.
- Developing Infection Control country/region-specific policies, practical guidance and technical brief for the missions and projects taking in consideration the local specificities
- Develop strategies to improve Infection Control practices in all health facilities.
- Conduct in-deep assessments & analysis of the current situation in terms of administrative, environmental and personal protective measures needed
- Support the introduction of Infection Control Committees in health facilites
- Put in place a follow-up & monitoring scheme of the IC measures in liaison with IC Committees and IC officers of relevant field missions.
- Actively participate in discussions, the conception and in the design process of all construction & rehabilitation of facilities located in projects in particular with regard to improving natural ventilation.
- Propose/facilitate regional trainings and joint field visits with IC officers in different countries.
- Participate in internal and external IC network (e.g. consulting engineers on biosafety measures, constructors on planned modifications, etc).
This position reports to the Project Manager
– University degree in Epidemiology or Public Health or a related field from an accredited institution
– Operational and field experience in outbreak preparedness and response, in public health, epidemiology, and risk communication interventions;
– Knowledge of Infection, Prevention and Control (IPC) measures for outbreak response and preparedness.
– Operational and field experience in migration, refugee and displaced persons’ health-related issues, programme development, including experience in evaluating health programs and protocols;
– Knowledge of structures and functions of national and international health agencies, donors and organizations;
– Familiarity with the health sector in the African region, with Somalia experience an advantage
This role may involve team coordination and supervision
This is a future vacancy to support the pandemic outbreak.