IYCF Officer – Galkaio– Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
As a member of the Save the Children Puntland team – She/he will work with Health and nutrition projects coordinating all IYCF activities under the nutrition programme manager.
Contract Duration: 11 Months
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Demonstrable management experience;
- Experience of implementation programs (ideally nutrition related), including monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in conducting assessments and an understanding of nutritional data;
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles;
- Experience and ability to represent Save the Children’s nutrition work in external meetings;
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, midwifery or other related courses
- Qualified, nurse or midwife with primary health care/community health care with enough filed experience;
- Emergency programming experience
- Demonstrated understanding of primary health care and in humanitarian programmes.
- Experience of working in the Region (Mudug or Puntland in general)
- Working knowledge of Child protection.
- Previous work experience with INGOs
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified candidates
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Application Process: https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=40290