Indian Government Scholarship for African Students – Undergraduate/Master/PHD
Government of India through the ICCR – Indian Council for Cultural Relations – is offering up to 900 scholarships for African students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses programme at Institutions/Universities in India.
Application Deadline: 29th February 2020
About Scholarship: At the inaugural plenary of the India – Africa Forum Summit held in New Delhi in April 2008, the Honorable Prime Minister of India announced the Government of India’s initiative to enhance the academic opportunities for students of African countries in India by increasing the number of scholarships for them to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and higher courses.
- All applications will be accepted online through A2A ICCR Scholarship Portal only.
- Applications will not be accepted physically in Missions.
- Applications will not be accepted locally (in India)
- Applications should be complete in every detail to avoid rejection of the same by the A2A portal.
- In case of documents available in local language, applicants are requested to upload certified copies of translations of these documents in English.
- Applicants applying for M. Phil /Doctoral/Post-Doctoral courses should submit a synopsis along with the application.
- Applicants wishing to pursue performing arts course should upload the latest Video/Audio/YouTube link of their performance.
Selection of Subjects, Courses and Universities
- For admission to science/ engineering course, an applicant should have studied mathematics, physics and chemistry at Higher Secondary level to be eligible.
- Applicants should clearly mention the course to which they are seeking admission while mentioning choices.
- For choosing options for Universities, applicants must refer to university websites or list of Universities where ICCR students are currently studying. List of Universities is available on the Scholarship Portal.
- ICCR does not accept applications for Casual Research/ Diplomas/ Short-term courses. v. ICCR does not offer scholarship for MBBS/BDS courses.
Medium of instruction and English language proficiency
- Medium of instruction is English in all the Universities in India. Applicants should therefore have good knowledge of English to the extent that they are able to fluently speak in English and comprehend lessons in English without any difficulty.
- Applicants should have taken English Language test administered by the Indian Missions.
MEDICAL FITNESS requirement
- Applicant must be fully fit to be able to stay and complete his/her course in India and should not be suffering with any life-threatening ailment. Applicants diagnosed with T.B., Cancer, AIDS, and ailments affecting vital organs are advised not to apply for scholarships.
- Applicant should produce a medical fitness certificate from the recognized hospital of his/her country certifying the above.
- Medical fitness certificate should be provided in a prescribed format available online on the portal. Download The Fitness Certificate here: Certificate of Physical Fitness
- All African countries can apply the Scholarship
- 900 Scholarships will be awarded
- Please read the instruction before filling out the application form – Click here to download: Instructions
- Please read the Policy Guidelines for the Scholarship – POLICY GUIDELINES and INSTRUCTIONS FOR ICCR Administered Scholarship Programme – For Applicants
- Please also read the financial terms and conditions – Financial Terms and Conditions
- Students must read the User Manual before Applying – ICCR User Manual