Under limited supervision, coordinates the administration of information technology (IT) services for one or more designated areas of the University. The position is the technology manager for the designated area(s) and is responsible for fulfilling area-specific requirements and priorities while working with campus-wide IT resources to ensure effective and efficient solutions. As such the position advocates the area’s strategic initiatives and differentiated needs within the UNM information technology service framework while ensuring appropriate use of institutional resources. The IT Officer will manage area-specific technology resources and actively participate with technology governance committees and matrix ed IT support aligned with their area(s). Facilitates area alignment with institutional strategic initiatives and IT policy. Provides human resources management, budget input, and serves as a tactical member of the IT management team. Positions in this classification are reserved for units reporting to the.
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of the University.
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, faculty, staff and students in designated area(s) to understand and interpret client needs at a division level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Directs and coordinates the local implementation of University IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
- Reviews vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Delivers appropriate personnel actions and educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning, with an emphasis on advocating for the needs of the area(s) supported; implements tracking and evaluation programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures consistent with those of the university to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Participates in development of IT Service Catalog offerings, Service Level Agreements, and Operating Level Agreements consistent with the needs of the organization.
- Participates as a member of the IT management team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience providing information communications technology (ICT) and administrative support in a development context;
- Bachelors in information technology or a relevant field required;
- Fluency in English and advanced level of French and Kinyarwanda Fluent speaker of French and Kinyarwanda; and advanced speaker of English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced environment: