Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
|Job Title:||ICT Officer|
|Department:||Information and Communication Dep.|
|Ministry:||Ministry of Finance and Economic Development|
|Reporting to:||ICT Director|
|Grade level :||6|
|Deadline:||13th March 2020|
The IT technical support officer is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. Individual tasks vary depending on the size and structure of the organization, but you’ll generally need to:
In this specific tasks; the IT officer will often entail monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the Chief Minister Office. Is also responsible installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve any technical and applications problems, as it rises either over the phone or in person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Priorities and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Accepts and fulfills any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the state house authorities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years relevant experience
- Sound knowledge of computer literacy such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint Presentation is required
- Good understanding of gender issues and rights based approaches
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain their message.
- Ability to create and maintain a working environment that will promote value and respect diversity in the implementation process.
- Excellent communication, planning, supervisory and interpersonal skills that will enable the identification of opportunities to establish effective strategic relationships between one’s area and others to achieve GSS objectives.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download Application Form: Application form
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly indicate the position title and the Ministry/Institution on the subject line when you applying.
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged.
The selection process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date. Selected candidates will be invited to written Exam and an interview