Position Title: HOTEL MANAGER
Location: Garowe, capital city of the Puntland State of Somalia
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract duration one year (1) with possible extension.
INTRODUCTION: The Gaadayare hotel is a newly established hotel in Garowe, capital city of the Puntland State of Somalia. The hotel provides top international quality standards with 30 exquisite and newly furnished rooms and suits. The hotel also offers standard health food refreshment food and Etc. Gaadayare Hotel is currently recruiting for experienced, dedicated and dynamic Hotel manager for providing and maintaining high quality service in this hotel in the heart of this growing and vibrant city.
SPECIFIC SKILLS: Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Prepare marketing plans; Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses; Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities; Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies; Implement marketing activities; Establish work schedules; Enforce policies and procedures; Develop and implement business plans; Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Oversee overall hotel
Security and customer safety.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS: Supervise staff; Recruit and hire staff; Conduct training sessions; Conduct performance reviews; Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities.
General Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct regular supervision to chefs, cookers and their assistants to ensure quality meals are prepared and served for the national and international staff.
- The incumbent will oversee cleaning staff to ensure outdoors, outside of the hotel rooms are cleaned first in the morning.
- Ensure that plants and trees in the gardens are maintained and watered regularly
- Oversee general maintenance technicians maintain installation of electrical installation and generators as per schedule
- Identifies tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices used in cleaning and catering, gardening and general maintenance.
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and also request for replacement
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse
- Act as a communication conduit between management and staff
- Monitor and report absenteeism to the Manager
- Ensure facility management standards are met and maintained in all facilities, and report shortcomings/faults to the Manager
- Monitor standards and compliance of work performed by the staff
LANGUAGE (S): English, Somali, additional advantage Kiswahili.
EDUCATION: University Degree or high Diploma in Hospitality or Hotel Management and minimum 5 years of experience.
Quilled national with the required skill are invited to submit their applications through this email Gaadayarehotel@gmail.com detailed curriculum vita and cover letter as a single document and three related work reference and copy of Degree/master certificates. Before 3rd March 2021.