|JOB TITLE: HMIS Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Health and Nutrition/Child Survival||GRADE: 4|
|LOCATION: Hargeisa||POST TYPE: National (12 Months)|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:The purpose of the position is to strengthen collection of quality Nutrition and Health Management Information within Save the Children supported static, outreach facilities, and collaborate with MOH HMIS focal persons in coordination and strengthening of Nutrition and Health Information Management functions within aforementioned Programme areas.|
The Nutrition and Health Data Base Officer will perform a variety of nutrition and health record related duties such as data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, validation and editing of information, and release of information in accordance with established standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, by utilizing computerized systems and related software applications.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: HN project coordinator|
Country Dimensions:Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
· Conduct data quality audits routinely and participate in programme evaluation
· Support field based project staff to measure progress and use data for decision making and planning.
· Supervision and monitoring of health and nutrition activities and programmes both at facility and outreach levels
· Identify staff training needs regarding health records management and reporting
· Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisors
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSAccountability:|
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEEssential:|
· Degree in public health, Information Technology or statistics, or HNMIS (Health and Nutrition Management Information)
· Medical degree, Nursing degree or any equivalent with experience of working in programs
· Proven experience in report writing
· Flexibility and relationship building skills.
· Ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural and diverse team
· Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English and Somali language ( mandatory)
· Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with local representatives and programme staff in a consultative and participatory approach.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards, which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
|Application procedures:Interested candidates are required to apply through the below link:|
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply