|JOB TITLE: Health Project Officer-Medical Supplies|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Health and Nutrition/Child Survival||GRADE: 4|
|LOCATION: Hargeisa||POST TYPE: National (12 Months)|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:The Project Officer, who will be based in Hargeisatown but works MCHs, HPs and outreach within Maroodijeh districts and villages. The project officer will have overall responsibility for the technical management of SCI’s health projects in Maroodijeh in collaboration with the project coordinator. Health projects that are currently being implemented in collaboration with the district health offices include primary health care, SRH and Nutrition assistance to vulnerable groups of the population in the programme area. The project officer will be responsible for all medical supply chain tasks in Somaliland as stipulated in the JD.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Health and Nutrition Programme Manager|
Country Dimensions:Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:· Identify existing community platforms for orientation of community members on drug and|
· Raise PRs for all medical and nutrition supplies
· Follow up procurement of medical and nutrition supplies weekly and share procurement status report every fortnight
· Analyze and review quotations of the medical and nutrition supplies and share for review/advise the project manager on the best supplier based on the lead time, value-for-money, and quality of medical/nutrition supplies
· Ensure timely port and airport clearance of the supplies by the Supply Chain Team.
· Prepare distribution plans for all nutrition/medical supplies
· Ensure timely and accurate stock releases to the health facilities and mobile clinics supported by Save the Children across Somaliland
· Prepare monthly drug/medical commodity consumption reports per field office, analyze and share with the program manager.
· Conduct quarterly visits and physical check of all supply stores and make recommendation to the program team
· Alert and advise swift action on stock outs, expiration of drugs and disposal of ended SOF’s supplies.
· Process all loan and loan return process, document and follow up for the return to the lender project.
· Train all seconded and field level drug dispensing/pharmacy staff on drug and supply chain management
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSAccountability:|
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEEssential:|
· Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution with minimum of 3 years’ experience in working health and nutrition programs particularly in emergency settings. Postgraduate qualification will be an asset.
· Previous experience in working Primary Health Care programmes.
· Proven experience in project proposal development, logical framework and report writing
· Experience in budget management
· Proven experience in report writing
· Flexibility and relationship building skills.
· Ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural and diverse team
· Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English and Somali language ( mandatory)
· Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with local representatives and programme staff in a consultative and participatory approach.
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
|Application procedures:Interested candidates are required to apply through below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=200000IN&lang=en|
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply