Vacancy Announcement(1 Position)
Health Project Officer
|Organization||GREDO– Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||Health ProjectOfficer (1 Position)|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
We are looking forward to establishing teams of health workers consisting of various cadres of health professionals to deliver lifesaving emergency health services to the population in need through this program with high impact on lives of the most vulnerable population groups.
1.0 Job Summary
The overall objective of the position is to develop and maintain all components of the Health Project in Bay region and will contribute the Gredo’s effort of assessing health needs, effectively managing and reporting on the projects in line with the objectives, time frame and budget. Other important aspects of the role include meeting quality standards in health care delivery, encouraging beneficiary participation, liaising with other stakeholders and directly provide management and training to the primary health care staff.
2.0 Key responsibilities:
- To provide technical and operational support for the health project both the current funded and scale up.
- To work closely with the relevant program staff to assess the work, evaluate and agree proposed, feasible programming for the project period
- Train the Nurse, Auxiliary nurses and in case detection and home-based care.
- Ensure the establishment of health monitoring activities and train the relevant staff in case detection and referral system.
- Plan and undertake studies and surveys as required;
- Plan and implement trainings of the existing health staff in the supported region.
- Ensure correct data entry of all program components on a weekly basis and send weekly report to head Offices
- Compile and analyse monthly health report.
- Work with health team, expand health services and increase program access and coverage in the target locations.
- Document and share regular program review, challenge and lesson including recommendations.
- To represent GREDO at meetings
- To undertake any necessary activities that arise with respects to health programming and planning – this should be discussed with the Head Of Programs
3.0 Qualification and experience:
- Degree in public health, Nursing, Nutrition, or clinical medicine.
- Strong technical expertise in health and/or child survival
- Strong program management skills, including capacity assessments,evaluations, implementation and startup of new program
- Demonstrable management experience in supervising and management of diver’s team.
- Experience in the implementation of health monitoring activities and case detection and management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of carrying out health surveys at field level
- Fluent spoken & written English
- Excellent management and communications skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Training experience
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to interact with communities and local administration.
4.0 Child Protection
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
|5.0 Core Values· Integrity|
6.0 Working Condition
The candidate will be based in Baidoa, but frequent travels to meet beneficiaries and field visits is required.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 13/12/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer