Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Under the general guidance of health project manager, the health project assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of project activities related to immunization at six facilities in Bari region. The incumbent will closely work with the district management team and MoH staff attached to the target facilities to ensure immunization services are provided without interruption.
|TITLE: Health Project Assistant – Immunization|
|TEAM/PROGRAM: Health||LOCATION: Gardho|
|GRADE: 5||CONTRACT LENGTH:5 months|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:Under the general guidance of health project manager, the health project assistant will be responsibille for the day-to-day implementation of project actviities related to immunization at six facilities in Bari region. The incumbent will closely work with the district management team and MoH staff attached to the target facilities to ensure immunizationservicesare provided without interruption.|
|SCOPE OF ROLE: Health Project AssistantReports To:Health Program Manager (Karkaar)|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in four regions in Somalia with current staff establishment of approximately 350 staff
Number of direct reports: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
Accountability, communications and training
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)Accountability:|
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEEssential|
· Qualified Nurse/Midwife or Public Health Nurse (Degree level)
· Two (2) years experience in primary health care with direct involvement in immunization activities
· Experience in working with community health workers and MOH
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Experience of living and traveling in remote and insecure places
· Understanding righst-based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in humanitarian settings
· Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Child Safe Guarding policy
|Additional job responsibilitiesThe duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties with respect to their level of skills and experience|
|CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – [Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
HOW TO APPLY: The Application Process will be done online. Click the following link to apply: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190003SK&lang=en
Date of issue: 13/10/2019 Author: Health Program Manager