Health Internship Programme (2)– Mogadishu Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Save the Children International is one of the biggest Health partners in Somalia and one of its milestones is to provide an opportunity to develop the Human Resource for Health including the fresh graduates that are willing to join and work for their communities. This Health Internship Programme is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Somalia health programs. This one-year scheme is designed to enable participants to develop the necessary skills to launch a career in health programs implementation and management with Save the Children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Health Project Officer
Staff reporting to this post: NA
Indirect : NA
Budget Responsibilities: NA
Role Dimensions: NA
Location: Mogadishu- Somalia
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Nationally recognized qualification in Health related courses preferably Nurse, public health, or health professional qualification, or demonstrated equivalent level of expertise gained through working in a health programme in Somalia
- Belief in team work and participatory approaches with an ability to motivate and support others
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission, values and approach (including child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
- Respect for, and ability to work with, people of different ages and backgrounds
- Pragmatism, solution-focused and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Takes initiative and responsibility for own learning and work
- Willingness to travel to and work in field projects, often in remote locations with limited amenities
- Ability to be work flexibly and to adapt to different and sometimes difficult situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English, including proven ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
- Understanding of major issues Somalia health including maternal, newborn & child health
- Health background: BSc. Nurse, BSc. Public Health/Health services management
- Ability to work in hard to reach areas with limited amenities.
- Experience of working or volunteering with children
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Application will be closed on 5th December 2019.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
Saad u codsato Link-gaan ku dhufo: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190004G2