|Post/Title||Head of NIEC Office in Banadir Region|
|Reports to:||Director of operations|
|Employer||National Independent Electoral Commission|
|Type of contract||Probation period (3 months)|
|Date of issue||January 14th 2020|
|Deadline for application||January 31st 2020|
The National Independent Electoral Commission “NIEC” is responsible for the National electoral process in Somalia. From the preparation of the Pre-Election Period and Election Day to the Post-election period.
- Main Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for facilitation and monitoring the delivery of an effective and efficient election operation service within the Banadir region.
- Job Description
- Develop and oversee the implementation of regional strategies, work plans and budgets while
ensuring the alignment of these activities to the overall commission strategy
- Facilitate and monitor the delivery of effective and efficient national election operation
services including voter registration, voter education, electoral cycle execution, warehouse and logistics systems activities
- Develop accountability measurements, monitor the performance indicators at the regional levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports
- Coordinate the voter registration, voter education and election operation processes at regional levels through ensuring the timely availability of the requisite resources.
- Liaise with regional administrative and security official to facilitate all election activities o Maintain a good public image for the commission at the regional level
o Liaise with commission secretariat to monitor regional political parties’ activities o Coordinate all surveys/researches at the regional level.
o Coordinate the human resources and administration function at the regional level.
o Coordinate and provide leadership to the region Election Coordinators, Lead and mentor directorate staff at the regional levels operational Responsibilities
o Coordinate the provision of administrative support services at the regional levels including procurement, maintenance, transport management, protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the commission’s assets
o Collate evidence related to the elections cases and coordinate conflict prevention and dispute resolution activities
o Provide logistics for voter registration for regional levels and consolidate data for Headquarter for uploading Monitor voter registration programmes
o Conduct stakeholders’ meetings at the state level to monitor the electoral climate during the electoral period
- Monitor voter education at regional levels and feedback to the voter education and partnership directorate
- Maintain and secure election materials and equipment and carry out stock take on monthly commission assets
- Distribute election materials to the region on need basis and under the electoral calendar o Arrange for security for election materials, premises and warehouses in the region
o Provide administrative and logistical support services during the electoral period
- Academic Qualification
Master degree in either Law, Public Administration, Management, Economics from the recognized academic institution
- Work experience
Five years’ experience in the areas of Management, Project Planning, Monitoring and
- Preferred skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of relevant legislations o Information management
o Electoral Matters o Organisation skills
o Excellent oral and written in communication in Somali and English
- Application/Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents.
- Letters of reference from previous employers
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their documents to the following link: https://niec.so/shaqo.The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information you submitted. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure completeness. Note that the closing date for application is 31 January, 2020 at 11:59 pm midnights.