Head Field Office Assistant
Duty Station: Garowe
Post Category: Officer Level
Group Category: 1
The Assistant to the Head of Field Office (HoFO) will report to the HoFO.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Carry out and assist with relevant administrative tasks, including the maintenance of relevant administrative forms, databases and rosters;
· Contribute to the analysis of the political and social context in Somalia and the Horn of Africa region;
· Assist the HoFO on external and internal communications;
· Maintain regular contacts with local authorities, governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations or other external counterparts where it concerns the execution of the Mission Mandate in order to collect and disseminate information;
· On behalf of the HoFO liaise with all departments within the Mission;
· Plan, prepare and support meetings with local authorities and other Somalia actors;
· Accompany the HoFO as required to meetings and events, take minutes when requested and make necessary preparations;
· Establish and maintain the FOG contacts database (appointment, phone numbers/email addresses);
· Maintain the Law Enforcement Agencies’ Training and Courses database;
· Be prepared to represent the HoFO at appropriate venues and functions;
· Prepare the minutes of internal Field Office meetings;
· Assist in the translation of administrative documents;
· Ensure the follow-up of relevant administrative dossiers; tax exemption clearances and Visa applications to ensure successful and timely Visa processing;
· Provide researched advice on relevant media publications where these may affect the Mission;
· Monitor and report security issues to the HoFO and MSO and assist both in the analysis of information;
· Perform and carry out other tasks or duties required or requested by the HoFO;
· Support the other Mission Members within the FOG where possible/when available;
· Be prepared to act as interpreter and translator;
· Assist in security response actions for local staff.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma (undergraduate level);
· The qualification should be Human Resources, Administration, Business, Politics or equivalent;
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in administration.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an energetic environment with multiple priorities;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with persons at all operational and strategic levels;
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
· Exemplary writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet;
· Excellent communication and analytical skills in both written and spoken English and Somali language;
· Teamwork orientated;
· Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· A Master Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law, Economics) OR Business Administration/Management;
· Diploma or certificate in English Language skills, in both translation and interpretation, for example IELTS certificate or equivalent academic or professional training, evidenced by a certificate;
· Previous professional experience working in an international organization;
· Knowledge of European Security Defence Policy (ESDP) Missions and EUCAP activities in Somalia;
· Additional language skills are desirable;
· Good presentation skills;
· Ability to work without supervision, complete assigned tasks within strict deadlines and consistently maintain quality and accuracy in performance of duties;
· Able to maintain a clean, safe and hazard free working environment. Meticulous time keeping, and, ability and willingness to work additional hours if required.
Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks (being able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Application form and instructions available at: https://www.eucap-som.eu/eucap-jobs/
- Application form can be downloaded From / Formka Shaqada lagu codsan halkaan kala deg http://www.eucap-som.eu/jobs/
- If you cannot download the application from our website you can ask one from Human Resources Unit of EUCAP sending a mail to / Haddaadan Formka kala degi karin Webka EUCAP, Emailkaan codsi u dir si ay kuugu soo diraan formka: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send application to email@example.com electronically only / Formka aad buuxiso u dir emailkaas.
- Please, fill one application form for each position / Booskasta Form gaar ah u buuxi
- We take under consideration only two applications per person / / Qofkasta wuxuu codsan karraa labo boos oo keliya
- Applications should be filled in English / Ingiriis ku qor
- Deadline to apply for the positions is 4 December at 16:00 / Qabashadda Codsiga waxaa ugu dambaysa 4/12/2019 Saacadda 10ka galabnimo.
- Only duly- filled in English official application forms will be accepted / Waxaa la aqbalin oo keliya Formka si buuxda oo sax ah loo buuxiyey