Position: Grants Officer
Will report to: TBD
Location: Nairobi (with travel to Somalia & other regions)
I. Job Summary
The purpose of the Grants Officer position is to assist grants unit in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and reporting all sub-grants and related grants management activities which Pact carries out. S/he will also be required to provide program and technical support to partners and Field Office staff.
Roles and responsibilities:
Grants Management (65%)
- Ensuring that all grant documentation is maintained according to Pact’s standards and donor regulations
- Carrying out pre-award risk assessments on potential grantees and ensure that the findings are incorporated into grant awards.
- Monitoring grant-assigned project accounts by analyzing typical expenditures as well as atypical situations such as; participant costs, interest bearing accounts, fellowships/training grants and special award supplements.
- Preparing grant modifications for cost/program changes under the direction of the Director of Finance and Grants.
- Monitoring grant advance and liquidation balances closely and ensuring timely liquidations.
- Reviewing financial reports from grantees to ensure finance compliance against grant budgets.
- Reviewing cost share reports from grantees/partners to ensure compliance against grant commitments.
- Maintaining and updating the grant tracking database. Ensure consistency and accuracy of information therein at all times.
- Capturing and monitoring of cost recovery (disallowed costs) from grant funded projects
- Consolidating financial reports on grants and grant analysis reports and providing feedback on the same to the Senior Grants Officer.
- Reviewing all grant proposals with the grants team to ensure financial accuracy and completeness.
- Assisting the Program Team in developing training materials for grantees in compliance with Pact’s policies and donor regulations.
- Preparing timely and appropriate closeout of grants.
Program Management (35%)
- Support planning activities, including the production of work-plans and activity reports.
- Be the focal point for field grant implementation in line with the expected grants goals.
- Provide technical grants management support to local partners/grantees through hands-on guidance.
- Deliver training, coaching and mentoring activities for Program partners/grantees.
- At the field level, engage on behalf of the program with field stakeholders and potentially the government and other partners in the program operation areas.
Qualifications and experiences required:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, International Relations or related field required.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Grants/Program Management.
- Experience within the development sector, specifically with Donors or Implementing Partners.
- Knowledge of donor policies, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Level V written and oral communication skills (English).
- Those with Level III written and oral communication skills in Somali will be given preference.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Package and various Grant Management tools/software.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Highly organized, creative and methodical.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Must be willing to travel to Somalia and other locations (30% of the time).
- Ability to prioritize and must obtain strong multitasking skills.
- Must possess the ability to work with stringent deadlines, while maintaining sound judgement, utmost integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Must be able to work autonomously and simultaneously be a team player.
- Must be a self-starter and require limited supervision.
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are requested to send a cover letter and CV including three references to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Grants Officer” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: January 21st, 2020 by COB.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Pact is an equal employment employer and does not charge candidates any fee.