Somalia Bar Ama Baro (BAB)
Grants Officer – Puntland
Position Location: Regional Office (To-be-Determined), Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
The Grants Officer will support the Grants Manager with oversight of all grant activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and reviewing and submitting financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager based in Mogadishu
- Support the grant administration process along with Grants Manager (GM) and ensure all process are in accordance to the approved Grant Manual (GM) and client requirements;
- Register organization in SMART who has limited or no access to internet;
- Enter applications in SMART which are submitted in hard copy in response to the solicitation to ensure all grants records are in the system and remaining grant processes are conducted via SMART;
- Keeps track of grantees reporting schedule and ensure all required reports are per agreement and are submitted on timely manner;
- Facilitate discussions and sharing feedback on the reports provided by technical/financial team with grantees as required;
- Maintain records of all grantees in SMART for future reference and auditing purpose;
- Generate report from system as requested by Grants Manager or project management;
- Train applicants/grantees on how to use SMART (if grantees decide to submit their applications/reports online);
- Periodically review SMART to ensure all required documents are saved on SMART; and
- Perform any other responsibility assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional grant management qualification is preferred;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four (4) years of general work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget, and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations and previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English required.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work full time in Somalia.
HOW TO APPLY
applications will be sent to the following email: email@example.com before 23th Nov. 2019.