SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regions, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below One position of Nurse (General)
Job Title: General Nurse (2 Positions)
The nurse will have close communication with the line manager and the beneficiaries dealing with the day to day health related activities with the help of the public health nurses and community health workers. Will daily, weekly and monthly participate in the reporting processes using the standard template of the hiring organization and the donor. In addition to that, this position will primarily cover the facility based needs and as well as the outreach programs if need be with the help and guidance of his/her supervisor.
Report to: Doctor in-charge
Key Area of responsibility:
- Provides comprehensive primary health care services to beneficiaries in SOS health centres.
- Diagnosis, treats and counsels patients and/or caregivers who visit the static and mobile health facilities.
- Participates activities to promoting a good healthy and hygienic environment in the catchment area to prevent the potential health hazards in the community.
- Takes part the day to day facility and community based health and hygiene education sessions to enable the community members understanding the importance of preventive health, home care, and clinical programs including.
- Plan, organize and/or participate the outreach mobile clinics in serving the hard to reach communities in the IDP camps and host communities.
- Cares patients particularly children and women with respect in times they may need the “triage,, methodology ensuring that none patients suffers or/and dies while waiting for service provision.
- To make sure that all patients avail from a protection main streaming
- Any other duties that s/he is assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates should have a Diploma in Nursing coupled with approved public health trainings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same position.
- Previous experience in NGOs/Donor funded programs is preferable.
- Strong knowledge on child rights and child protection.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email HR.SO@sossomalia.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 12th January 2020.
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.