Duty Station: Buroa
Reporting to: Togdheer Regional Representative
Candlelight for Environment, Education & Health (Candlelight) is a local NGO based in Somaliland which is dedicated to development issues in under-served and/or marginalized Somaliland communities. The core areas of interventions are livelihoods/natural resource management/income generation, education, health and humanitarian interventions. Candlelight is interested to recruit qualified, dynamic and energetic Gender project officer for its livelihood project in in Togdheer and Sahel regions of which Candlelight is implementing in these two regions. at the same time the Gender Project Officer will coordinate and facilitate the various
activities of the project in those two regions.
The following are the main duties and responsibilities of the post:
1. Develop, implement and monitor an action plan (gender related activities) for strengthening women’s participation in the Livelihoods Project.
2. Ensure women’s integration and inclusion in the day-to-day project activities of the Livelihoods Project
3. Promote participation of women in community trainings, discussion related to the Livelihoods Project.
4. Train, support and coordinate field project team of the Livelihoods project on all gender related activities.
5. Develop monthly plan from the Quarterly activity plan
6. Submit field report on continues bases.
7. Regular reporting on gender related issues that raise up in the livelihoods project to the Candlelight livelihoods Project Manager;
8. You are required to spend 16 days of every month in the field.
9. Prepare weekly plan as well weekly report
10. Work close with Candlelight FGM Project Manager to find how FGM work can be added for current ISF livelihood project and report it in quarterly reports.
11. To develop plans and contribute to project reporting together with the project manager.
12. Produce updates and reports related to gender issues and women empowerment
13. Carry out any other duty that CANDLELIGHT may assign to you
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum Degree Social Science or equivalent Degrees
Minimum 2years work experience in Gender related issue.
Familiar with FGM Issues
Familiar with Income generation activities
Work experience in with rural communities would be an asset.
Ability to work under short deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
Demonstrate capacity to work in teams with colleagues.
Analytical and good report writing skills
Excellent facilitation and communication skills
Ability to travel to the regions.
Very familiar with computer features, excellent both English/Somali.
How to apply:
Qualified persons interested in this position are invited to submit the CV with 3 references and a Cover letter summarizing the candidate’s motivation to this post can submit their documents not later than 10th October 2019, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can click the Apply button.