|JOB TITLE: FSL Project officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: (FSL ) Food Security and Livelihoods Programme||LOCATION: Gardo/Bosaso- with frequent travel to project sites in Puntland|
|GRADE: 4||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people|
|ROLE PURPOSE:Save the Children is seeking a qualified and committed individual to join the Save the Children Puntland team as a Project Officer for implementation of the FSL Emergency Sheikh Thani project.|
The Project Officer will be member of Save the Children Puntland team and will play a crucial role in the effective implementation of the Emergency FSL Sheikh Thani funded project. The Project Officer will report to the FSL Coordinator.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: FSL Coordinator|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 8 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $200 million each year
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:The Project Officer will undertake a number of duties and responsibilities, including:|
§ Take a leading role in the effective set up and timely implementation, monitoring, reporting of the FSL emergency Sheikh Thani project activities in Mudug & Bari regions of Puntland.
§ Develop weekly, monthly & quarterly project implementation work plans and ensure the effective & efficient implementation of Sheikh Thani project activities as per the pre-designed work plans.
§ Strictly follow & adhere to SCI standard operating procedures for the implementation of cash based programming and avail all relevant documentation during internal/external monitoring missions.
§ Organize community meetings with the targeted communities at the beginning of the project and utilize the two bench marks of information sharing & participation of targeted communities.
§ Draft Monthly & Quarterly project progress reports and submit to the FSL Coordinator on the progress of activities and difficulties encountered.
§ Properly supervise and monitor FSL project assistants and provide relevant support that they require on a regular basis.
§ Work closely with targeted communities to solve and mediate any conflicts that may arise within the course of project implementation.
§ Provide regular situational reports with regards to the project implementation and challenges encountered to the FSL Coordinator.
§ Liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in targeted project sites regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
§ Ensure that all records pertaining to the FSL emergency Shiekh Thani project are properly completed and stored in a secure place.
§ Perform any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree in Agriculture/ livestock production or socio-economic development related fields
minimum of at least 3 years work experience in the INGO environment, including exposure to field operations in both emergency and development programs
· Strong report writing skills
· Proficiency in computer applications
· Interest and readiness to travel
· Proven ability to handle challenging work load
· Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
· Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
· Commitment to Save the Children values
Internal: FSL Coordinator
External: Communities, Elders and local authorities.
Code of Conduct
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)Delivering Results:|
Working Effectively with Others:
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experience of those they work with.
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups.
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact.
Applying Technical and Professional expertise:
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standard.
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area.
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant code of conducts.
Developing Self & Others:
· Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development.
· Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement and actively shares knowledge and experience with others.
|Application ProcedureInterested applicants can apply this position through this URL and can submit their application to our portal. The application closes on 19th of October, 2019 at 11:00 pm.|
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all the qualified candidates to apply.
See loo Codsadaa Shaqadaan, Shaqadaan waxaa lagu codsan, halkaan kudhufo saad u codsato: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=190003O7&lang=en