|JOB TITLE: FSL Project Assistants|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Food Security and Livelihood Programme||LOCATION: in Gardo/Bossaso – but with Frequent Travel to Project Sites in Puntland|
|GRADE: 5||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people|
The Project Assistant will be responsible to implement FSL emergency Sheikh Thani project Mudug and Bari regions in Puntland. The post holder will conduct community outreach activities and guarantee the efficient and effective sensitisation, mobilisation and participation of the communities targeted, thereby maximising programme performance and the impact of food security & livelihoods program activities in Mudug and Bari regions. The Project Assistants will report to the FSL project officer and will be based in Gardo/Bosaso. They will work to assist the initial project set up, mobilization, sensitization, verification and registration of the emergency FSL Sheikh Thani project.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Project Officer|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 8 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $200 million each year
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
Any other duties as directed my line manager.
• Degree in social science or post-secondary education qualifications or secondary school leaving certificate with 2 years of relevant field experiences
• Experience of working with communities at grass-root level
• Ability to read and write in English as well as the national language
• Computer skills, with focus on word processing and excel
• Strong morals viz. honesty, open and transparency, generosity, altruism and respect
• Experience in working in harsh environment an added advantage
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in diverse teams
Internal: Project Officer/ SCI Staff
External: Communities and Project Beneficiaries
Code of Conduct
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)Delivering Results:|
Working Effectively with Others:
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experience of those they work with.
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups.
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact.
Applying Technical and Professional expertise:
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standard.
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area.
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant code of conducts.
Developing Self & Others:
· Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development.
· Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement.
· Actively shares knowledge and experience with others.
|Application ProcedureInterested applicants can apply this position through this URL and can submit their application to our portal. The application closes on 19th of October, 2019 at 11:00 pm.|
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all the qualified candidates to apply.
See loo Codsadaa Shaqadaan, Shaqadaan waxaa lagu codsan, halkaan kudhufo saad u codsato: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=190003O9&lang=en