|JOB TITLE: Finance Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support, Finance||LOCATION: Galkio|
|GRADE: 4||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING:Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.|
|ROLE PURPOSE:To assist the Finance Manager, Field Manager and Budget Holders and the National Finance & Grants Team in the operation of Save the Children computerised accounting systems including production of analytical reports|
|SCOPE OF ROLE:Reports to: Field Manager-Galkio|
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 4 regions in Somalia/Land with a current staff complement of approximately 350 staff.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
Internal: Finance Team, Budget Holders, Project & support staff, internal audit and Hargeisa finance Unit
External: Tax Offices, External Auditors, Regulatory Bodies, Bank, Insurance, Suppliers, Transporters, partners.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:1. Ensure monthly financial reports are strictly adhered to meet the Puntland deadlines and in line with the HQ deadlines.|
2. Responsible for daily checking of vouchers prepared by the Cashier. Make sure that the vouchers are prepared in compliance with Save the Children Procedures.
3. Daily capturing of Bank, Float and Cash transactions on the sub-office spreadsheet. Analyze the data and make sure that the expenditures are correctly coded to the grants.
4. Arrange the documents, check that clear backup photocopy has been kept for the office and the original documents are sent to Garowe Area Office within the deadlines.
5. Make sure that proper filing systems are put in place for audit trail. This includes the correct labelling and the arrangement of vouchers into the files showing pre-numbered reference numbers. Responsible that all the files are up to date for good internal controls.
6. Work closely with the Programme staff and support on the internal controls and procedures. Make sure that the GIK procedures are followed and supporting documents are kept for posting.
7. Assist the Puntland Finance Coordinator in collating cash requests and monitor the cash and bank balances to be minimum balances at all times.
8. Prepare recharge journals for posting and ensure that all journals are posted on to the sub-office GLACOS correctly and post it after sign off.
9. Accurate, timely and quality data submission to the Finance Coordinator twice a week.
10. Share transaction list with field office based awards budget holders and compile recharges on monthly bases.
11. Full responsibility to field finance office operation (Coordination, compliance).
12. Monthly review of the documents and fully checking before scanning and ensure that send documents to Area Office before 15th of the next month.
13. Month end closing (Reconciliation and submission of MFR documents 5th day of the next months and compile with other field offices MFR documents)
14. Checking of payment documents (Voucher) budget codes, balance, eligibility and etc and signing.
15. Partner documents review and submission of GLACOS to FC and partner reporting.
16. Manage awards at their offices ( phasing, BVA, budget monitoring and support to the program)
17. Advise the BHs to prepare the accruals and follow it up while the grants are ending. Make sure that the grants ending are fully coded before the closure of the accounts.
18. Reconciling Bank, Float and Cash Accounts every month for the Bossaso office. Check the Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation before posting into the system.
19. Prepare Monthly Management Control documents of Bosaso and submit to Garowe Area Office within the deadlines to compile Puntland MMC Documents.
20. Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
21. Make sure that all transactions are in line with Save the Children internal compliance procedures and donor compliances.
22. Support the project teams to produce monthly, quarterly, midterm and final financial reports in line with donor and SC requirements
23. Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy.
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURSDelivering Results (Skilled)|
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Developing Self and Others (Skilled)
· Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development
· Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement
· Actively shares knowledge and experiences with others
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Skilled)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE· Minimum of Degree or equivalent accounting qualification|
· Minimum 3 years proven work experience in cash management within a busy working environment such as financial institutions, local NGO’s or INGOs
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and SUN Accounting packages
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel management style
· Good command of English written and spoken
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY:Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.|
This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom staff are responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|CODE OF CONDUCTBecause Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.|
Declaration of commitment:
I …………… understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract
Signature: ……………….. Date: ………………