YouthLink Somalia is a local humanitarian NGO operating in South and Central Somalia. YouthLink works to enable the poor and vulnerable communities to improve livelihoods and build their resilience through long-term development and life-saving programmes
|Job Title:||Senior Finance Officer|
|Reports to:||Programme Director|
|Direct Reports:||Finance/Admin Officer and Logistics Officer|
|Job Location:||Based in Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Contract Details:||1 year & RenewableThree Mont’s Probation Period|
Paid Annual Leave
|Job Purpose:||Senior Finance Officer is responsible for the financial management, administration and operational support functions for YouthLink as per organization’s policies and procedures and play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.|
|Main Duties & Responsibilities:||Financial Management● Financial management includes planning and reviewing annual budgets, managing costs and payments through partners and suppliers, monthly financial reporting, and other ad-hoc financial analysis as required|
● Continue to improve organization’s finance system by adopting and implementing accounting best practices including identification of computerized Accounting software
● Ensure that accounting records are maintained in a manner consistent with good accounting principles
● Review expenditure for audit trail, confirm accounting codes, and ensure that expenditure is accurately recorded in dally books and reported in a timely basis to funding partner organization/Donors.
● Ensure production of monthly management accounts and extrapolate into donor format & currency, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
● Ensure that the procedures for procurement and purchasing of goods and services are in place and meet YouthLink’s and Donor’s standards of transparency and accountability
Operations and Systems:
● Manage procurement, administration and transport according to plan and budget, and ensuring that the logistics and human resource are implemented to deliver organization’s programme objectives.
● Develop capacity of Support staff to ensure continued integration system functions with programme functions.
● Carry out systematic review to improve the efficiency of the support functions in line with policies and procedures.
● As member of Senior staff, actively participate and contribute proposal development and strategic plan
● Support the Programme director/Programme Coordinator in the management, review and effective implementation of Security operating procedures in place.
● Developing and managing a strong systems so that all support functions provide optimal support to the YouthLink’s programme service delivery to target beneficiaries/ communities
Support Staff Management and Capacity Building
● Lead, manage and motivate the support staff ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance in mature and impartial manner
● Provide orientation and training to staff support and programme staff on finance and supply chain procedures for cost-effective management and to ensure that audit/ donor compliance procedures are consistently followed
● Ensure the none-disclosure of any information of whatsoever acquired in the due course, related to business of YouthLink to any other organisation without authority except in execution of above duties.
● Ensure strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorized personnel only.
|Job Specification:||● Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management/Business Management Logistics/Administrative● 2 to 3 years in Budget management and operations and organizational policies and procedures, in an emergency or development field|
● Strong financial management skills
● Good interpersonal, motivational skills and flexible/motivated
● Strong staff management and staff development experience
● Computer skills including accounting software, Microsoft Word and Excel
● Good working knowledge of English (verbal and written) and Somali
● Excellent organisational, communication, written and oral skills
● Dynamic and willing to take initiatives to complete assigned tasks and work under pressure
● Ability to multi task and work independently whilst being strong team player
● Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a fluid situation
|How to Apply:||● Bring your application (Cover letter, updated CV) with a least 3 references by hand to YouthLink Office at Km5 Bulo-Hubey Street |Wadajir District |Mogadishu by January31st Or submit application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Senior Finance Officer”|