Somalia Bar Ama Baro (BAB)
Position Location: Regional Office (To-be Determined), Somalia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
Finance Officer will responsible for managing one of the regional office’s financial activities. S/he will work under the supervision of Director of Operations and Finance and will support him with the bank communication, preparing vouchers for regional office expenses, sending support documents to the Mogadishu office, keep update record of funds and request Mogadishu office for fund transfers on required basis.
Reporting and Supervision:
The regional Finance Officer will report to the Director of Operations and Finance based in Mogadishu.
- Review cash and bank payment vouchers, tracking advances issued to staff;
- Review and ensure real-time data entry into accounting software;
- Prepare bank reconciliations on bi-monthly and monthly basis;
- Prepare and disburseallowances to the trainees in timely manner;
- Initial review of grants budgets submitted by potential grantees and provide feedback to the Director of Operations and Finance;
- Closely monitor grants and bring any potential over/under spending to the attention of the Director of Operations and Finance;
- Assist in conducting pre-award assessment surveys of potential grantees before authorizing award in order to ensure their capacity and capability of handling donor’s funds;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup docs;
- Ensure funds’ availability and coordinate with Director of Operations and Finance on timely wire processing to the regional office;
- Assist the Director of Operations and Finance in meeting all the financial reporting requirements;
- Ensure compliance with the Country local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Review and ensure withholding taxes and timely deposit into government treasury; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Business and/or Public Administration, Accounting and/or Financial Management, or other relevant degree;
- At least four (4) years’ experience in financial management of international development activities with increasingly levels of responsibility;
- Experience working on donor funded projects, USAID experience preferred;
- Experience with computerized accounting essential;
- Familiarity with all Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Must be authorized to work full time in Somalia.
HOW TO APPLY
applications will be sent to the following email: email@example.com before 23th Nov. 2019.