Job Advertisement – Field Protection /CCCM Officer
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent Field Protection /CCCM Officer
- Oversee case management (including follow up on referrals and action plans )and support services provided to survivors
- Initiate planning for longer term GBV prevention and response activities including referral pathway and standard operating procedure .
- Closely work with partners, community members and community committee focal points.
- Provide regular training and capacity building to the monitors
- Receive, verify and validate incident reports provided by monitors .
- Coordinate /develop /update agreed response strategies and action plan for cluster /sector and ensure that these are adequately reflected in overall cluster strategies
- Attend the monthly CCCM and protection cluster meetings
- Involve in all relevant partners in site need assessment and analysis
- Identify gaps and duplication verify and map emerging assistance needs and protection issue
- Ensure the site design support protection and assistance
- Ensure gender sensitivity programming
- Ensure adequate monitoring Monitoring mechanism are in place to review impact of the project
- Ensure that CCCM response build on local capacities.
- At least 3 years work experience in humanitarian field in Protection /CCCM
- University degree preferably in social science or related field from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Strong knowledge of and expertise in CCCM /Protection
- Demonstrable successful track record of strategic program development, capacity building and effective program implementation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of the clustersystem
- Project Management skills, including financial planning anddocumentation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skillsare required;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternativesolutions;
- Goodinterpersonalskillsto workeffectivewithdifferent stakeholdersincludingdifferent communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local andnational authorities;
- Excellent organizational, team building and participatory training skills and experienceis required, as well as ability to work as part of ateam;
- Previous working experience in Bardale or Bay region will be anasset
- Dynamic andflexible
- English language skills required(fluent),
- Somali language skills(desirable)
- Strong collaborator with effective inter-personal and analyticskills
- Training and guidanceskills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle workload
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 20th May 2020. Application received after this date will not be considered.