Human Development Concern (HDC) was established in 2005 as a local humanitarian organization dedicated to providing interventions through humanitarian and development initiatives in Somalia.
HDC is going to support integrated health and WASH activities in Buurdhubo District Gedo region, the project will focus and give more attention to static facilities around IDPs settlements and Mobile sites and also support the WASH facilities in the district. The health services will include routine and campaign immunization to under 5 children and Women of childbearing age (WCBA); Provision of antenatal and post-natal care to pregnant and lactating mothers; safe delivery services for the pregnant mothers; Treatment and control of communicable diseases targeting community members, Provision of basic lifesaving medical services to sick patients including AWD/Cholera patients; Identify and refer patients with severe medical cases that requires admission at secondary health facilities after providing first aid services; Promote the adoption of good hygiene and sanitation practices to the affected communities; Identify and assist in the training of community volunteers on health promotion and education; Organize community sensitization and mobilization sessions at facility and outreach level of the affected areas; Support distribution of hygiene kits, provision of adapted sanitation infrastructures and related hygiene promotion; Install twin latrines and handwashing facilities for all the latrines to improve on sanitation facilities and conduct hygiene promotion campaigns focusing on handwashing.
FIELD HEALTH AND WASH OFFICER (1 Position)
Contract duration: Six Months
Duty Location: Buurdhubo, Gedo, Somalia
Starting Date: May 2020
Duties and responsibilities
– Coordinate health and WASH activities at the field level in line with scheduled work plan;
- Regular monitoring, coordination and update on ongoing health and WASH activities ;
- Submit WASH activities and progress reports on the specific activities;
- Coordinate with local partners, community members, local administration and other structures to ensure accountability for the project activities;
- Support Engineers to track construction progress, compare construction completion benchmarks to budget, and using project management tools provide concise progress reports;
- Ensure site practices are complied with by all parties and issues are considered and addressed;
- Oversee the WASH systems (water treatment and storage, wastewater collection and treatment, wet solid waste disposal; supervise the commissioning of WASH systems and perform basic operational functions;
- Oversee handover of project facilities to the communities
- Support all cross project functional roles: WASH Engineering teams.
· Bachelors in Public Health or Civil Engineering with experience in WASH
· Any other trainings
At least two years’ experience in WASH sector
How to apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) to email@example.com, by or before 8 May 2020 with the subject line clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Please attach documents while sending your applications.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted