Position: Female Veterinarians for Meat Works
Location: Hargeisa , Somaliland
Deadline for Applications: January 14 2020.
Hilibsan Meat Co is the first modern meat retail and distribution company in Somaliland. Since its establishment the company has earned huge reputation within the community and has created employment. We have established an efficient meat processing and delivery system to reach our clients wide and far.
We are looking for Female Veterinarians to be trained for Butchery work such as meat classification, meat hygiene, meat cutting and display preparation for meat shops. The company will provide a comprehensive training for the selected candidates for Meat works and butchery skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Butcher will be responsible for the smooth running of the meat and grocery department. The Butcher will coordinate the overall customer order processing. The Butcher will be responsible for preparing specialized cuts of meat, train junior meat cutters. He will be required to put in place strong management controls such as wastage management, maintenance of equipment and overall cleanliness and hygiene of the branch.
- Receive, inspect, and also store meat upon delivery, to make sure meat quality
- Estimate requirements order or requisition meat supplies to maintain inventories
- Wrap, weigh, and label price cuts of meat.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and also grind meats, like beef, poultry.
- Supervise and train other butchers or meat cutters.
- Record quantity of meat received issued to cooks or keep records of meat sales.
- Negotiate with representatives from supply companies to define order details.
- Reduce meat and grocery wastages and keep proper record of inventories
- Ensure daily cleanliness of worktops, knives, machines and butcher equipment
- Any other task as needed by the work
- Bachelors’ degree in Animal Veterinarywith a focus of Meat hygiene;
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (Spoken and Written);
- Able to take initiative and additional responsibilities and work without supervision to accomplish results;
- Integrity and ability to maintain discretion regarding organizational information.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit an application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Veterinarian for Meat Works” latest by 14 January 2020 enclosing a CV and a one-page cover letter.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.