Action for Development and Research (ADR) has rich, widespread and relevant experience in the delivery of research programs, monitoring and evaluation services and capacity development to donor-supported projects.
We thrive to reinforce our position as an international point of reference for supporting research, baseline information, land dispute reconciliation and land ownership procedures. ADR focuses to promote positive changes in divided societies affected by decades of conflict, and the ever more hazardous effects of climate change.
Action for Development and Research (ADR) is seeking the following consultants to form part of anticipated contracts:
· Nutrition Consultant (1);
· P/CVE Expert (1);
· Local Reconciliation Expert (1);
· Reforestation Expert (2);
· Livestock Feeding Expert (1);
· Human Rights (Minorities) Expert (1);
. Climate Change/Carbon Credit Expert
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree strongly preferred;
· Minimum 5 years of experience in designing, overseeing, and implementing programmatic work inside Somalia;
· Strong experience with qualitative and quantitative MEAL data collection and analysis methods,
· Strong facilitation/presentation/conflict management skills;
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships;
· Very good contextual knowledge of all administrative regions of Somalia;
· Diverse networks with authorities at federal, regional, and local levels; strong links to local communities, business owners, professional bodies, companies, NGOs and academia; and
· Solid ability to communicate effectively in Somali and English, both verbally and in writing.
How to apply
Submit your complete application file to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB on 31 July 2020. A complete application will include a short cover note of not more than 10 bullet points, an updated CV, a scan of your passport, three writing samples. We also appreciate, if you could give us an indicative daily rate. Kindly note that we will only contact successful candidate. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only candidates with the right to work in Somalia and the ability to travel to remote and insecure areas need apply. Please note that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.