Essential qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Management is a minimum.
Desirable qualification: Prior experience with UN or INGO Language:
Essential language type and level of competency – Fluent in both oral and written Somali and English Experience:
- Have five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the environmental sector, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently;
- Previous experience in working with national or regional government on issues contributing towards Environmental assessments and Environmental management
- Knowledge and experience in operationalizing and coordinating the implementation of environmental and social policies through the review and supervision of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
- Extensive experience conducting environmental assessments and development of effective tools; ability to coach others in the application of the tools
- Proven skills in integrating environmental and social measures into project operations
Geographical experience: Required.
Experience conducting environmental assessments in Somalia
Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.