CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of Position
Responsible for the day to day liaison and community engagement/ communications for the programme in each sphere of responsibility, and reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Address project environmental and social issues in during the project supervision and project implementation stages;
- Design and/or improve the design of features/ components within our client’s operations in order to ensure the effective implementation of environmental and social measures throughout the duration of the project implementation;
- Review Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs), Environmental and Social Management Frameworks (ESMFs) and Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS);
- Ensure the quality of safeguard documents, such as Strategic Environmental and Social Assessments, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Environmental and Social Management Plans, Resettlement Action Plans;
- Prepare, where applicable, action plans to bring projects and programs to compliance with the project’s environmental and social requirements such as Resettlement Action Plans.
- Prepare the environmental and social, technical sections required in the Project as required.
- Attend Project Board and donor meetings in Mogadishu as required;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Reports directly to Project Manager.
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction. • Capable of working with others in a participatory and capacity building manner. • Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, government officials, community representatives and contractors. • Self-motivated, versatile and adaptable to different cultures and people. • Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
This role does not require any team management.
Education Essential qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Management is a minimum. Desirable qualification: Prior experience with UN or INGO Language: Essential language type and level of competency – Fluent in both oral and written Somali and English Experience:
- Have five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the environmental sector, and demonstrated ability to manage and perform multiple tasks efficiently;
- Previous experience in working with national or regional government on issues contributing towards Environmental assessments and Environmental management
- Knowledge and experience in operationalizing and coordinating the implementation of environmental and social policies through the review and supervision of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
- Extensive experience conducting environmental assessments and development of effective tools; ability to coach others in the application of the tools
- Proven skills in integrating environmental and social measures into project operations Geographical experience: Required. Experience conducting environmental assessments in Somalia
Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
In order to apply, kindly proceed with clicking and creating a candidate profile on the following link:- https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…