TOR OF ENGINEERING SURVEYOR
Position Title: Engineering Surveyor
Programme: Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia
Reporting to: The Infrastructure Expert and the Technical Engineer
Duration: 20 months depending on satisfactory or better performance
Duty Station: Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport
Starting date: 6 Oct 2019
Closing date: 20 Oct 2019
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the FGS MPWRH. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
To carry out the programme, the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport is seeking to employ an Engineering Surveyor, who will assist the Technical Expert and Infrastructure Expert on technical supervision of the implementation of the Road Infrastructure Programme in Puntland State. He/she will support the quality of control of the works of the implementing agency/company in fulfilling its obligations under the relevant grant agreements and effectiveness and quality construction of the Galkayo-Faratoyo Rehabilitation and Resurfacing Road Project. The Engineering Surveyor conducts preliminary surveys for selected roads or bridge sites as per programme plan
. The Engineering Surveyor will directly report to the Technical Expert and Infrastructure Expert who are responsible for the overall supervision of the quality and schedule of construction/rehabilitation of the Galkayo-Faratoyo Tarmac Road
- Duties and Responsibilities,
- Checking the layout of the structures and road construction
- Formulate a topographic survey for project sites using TOTAL STATIONS, Geodetic GPS Stations equipment, and monitoring related aspects after construction.
- Prepare survey data and survey reports to commence road or structure design
- Perform setting out works or check the setting out works, at the request of the Technical and Infrastructure Engineers or as directed
- Conducting post-construction survey and ensuring the construction/design is in accordance with the BoQ.
- Build the capacity of Surveyors in the regional offices in the use of survey equipment and surveying, in collaboration with the Technical Expert.
- Responsible to ensure surveying equipment is in good working order.
- Co-ordinate with Bridge and Roads Design Units, and other units as applicable, to ensure dissemination of surveying data.
- Mentoring and building the capacity of Puntland MoPWH&T Civil Servant Counterparts.
- Frequent travel to project sites and supervise survey team and field work.
- Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as required by the Infrastructure Expert
- Weekly reporting on the progress of work to the Technical Expert and Infrastructure Expert
- Timely and accurate submission of final surveying report for project sites.
- Complete the detailed technical survey data relating to pre and post construction for project sites.
- Survey report including the road construction progress assessment.
- Selection of best road alignment, which meets all engineering aspects.
- Preparation of survey photo logs.
- Any other assignment as required by the Technical Expert or Infrastructure Expert
- Assist the Implementing Agency/Company in the implementation of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP), the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP);
- Knowledge and Experience:
- A Bachelor University degree in civil engineering with a focus on infrastructure, particularly highways; or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of Civil engineering, and Survey.
- Five years’ experience in the road sector, covering design, supervision, project planning, implementation, procurement, settlement of contractual disputes.
- Prior experience on road infrastructure projects or programmes,
The Puntland Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Transport (MoPWH&T) is inviting applications from qualified/motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs, certificates, experience credentials, and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description. Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com not later than 20 Oct 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted