Engineering Officer – Galkio, Puntland, Somalia
Ogaysiis Boos Banaan
Job Title: Engineering Officer
Application Opening: April 27, 2020
Application Deadline: May 11, 2020
Number of Vacancies: 1 Position
Location: Galkio, Puntland, Somalia.
Duration: 1 year contract with possible extension
Golis Telecom Somalia has an opening for a RF engineer at Golis Galkayo, who will provide operation and maintenance toward BSS Network elements. The selected candidate will monitor, Maintain, troubleshoot, and escalate to a higher tier network and system issues.
Candidates are expected to work non-working hours (night shifts and late hours) with on-call availability 24 x 7.
RESPONSIBILITY & DUTIES
Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA, LTE Radio Network Statistics on a daily basis.
- Perform weekly reports in order to maintain the quality of the network using KPI analysis.
- Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity). In LTE network.
- Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed. Both for 3G and 4G.
- Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
- Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
- Responsible for the drive test analysis(2G&3G&4G) and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of the network.
- Responsible for optimizing the physicality of the network (antenna tilt and azimuth).
- participate in urgent problems concerning both local and remote areas.
- Planning new sites for their frequency and many other parameters which are related for planning.
- Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).and take coordinates most of the time as it happens.
Qualifications: Degree in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Experience in a similar or related position is an advantage.
- Networking certifications CCNA and CCNP are highly preferable.
- Basic knowledge in GSM, 2G, 3G, and 4G, SS7, SIGTRAN , TCP IP, Diameter and related protocols.
- Good knowledge of network topology, traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and willing to grow with the company.
N.B: Please handover to the HR department at Golis Galkio site.
Xarunta Golis Gaalkacyo warqadaha gayso.
Golis Human Resource Department HR@GOLIS.SO