|Job Title:||Emergency Programme Manager|
|Reports to:||Emergency Coordinator|
|Liaises with:||Assistant CFC, Logistics Managers (Hargeisa, Mogadishu), Education Manager, Health and NutritionManager, Resilience Manager, Durable Solutions Manager,WASH & Construction Coordinator, M&E Manager, Grants & Information Manager.|
|Job Location:||Mogadishu, with regular visits to Hargeisa and Baidoa (approximately 40%)|
|Contract Duration:||1 year with a possibility of extension.|
|Job Purpose:||Supports the Emergency Coordinator towards the full implementation of the Humanitarian Response programme and projects implemented in Somalia and Somaliland guided by the humanitarian principles and standards. The position is primarily responsible for management of implementation with provisionof technical oversight and support to the implementing partners and Concern staff for quality implementation of the humanitarian programme. Concern has multi-sectoral humanitarian interventions including in sectors of health and nutrition, education, WASH, shelter through cash and voucher assistance modality. She/hewill manage the Emergency Field Coordinators and will travel regularly to Concernoperationallocations and offices in Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Baidoa.|
|Main Duties &Responsibilities:|
|Programme management and development§ Supports to ensure that project activities are managed in accordance withthe quality standards, compliance with internal and donor guidelines and policies,and contractual obligations.|
§ Supports development of detailed implementation plans and guidelines to implement quality programming and ensure its reflection in monthly and quarterly plans.
§ Development of procurement plans and liaise with logistics, finance and other departments as required to ensure required supplies are delivered on time and are of good quality.
§ Timely preparation of Supply and Payment Requests ensuring expenditure is aligned to the project document and requirements.
§ Monitoring of project budget and variance and support revising as necessary
§ Keep abreast of humanitarian situation and gaps (including security context), keeping Emergency Coordinator and relevant colleagues fully up-to-date, and make sound recommendations to support humanitarian programming.
§ Leads development and preparation of MoUs and partnership agreements, in collaboration with the Grants & Information Manager and Partnership Advisor.
§ Coordinates with and advise implementing partners on the interventions in respective locations.
§ Provides regular programme updates and alerts to inform coordination and decision-making.
§ Contributes to the development of project Concept Notes, proposals and budgets as needed.
Staff management, technical support and capacity building
§ Supportsdirect on strengthening capacityof the Emergency team, partners and Emergency Response Team members by identifying capacity gaps and development needs and leading with approprsiate interventions such as training, workshop, mentoring, supervision etc.
§ Supports Partnership Advisor with localpartner capacity assessment and identification ofcapacity development needs and opportunities.
§ Supports integrationand actively foster synergies between Emergency, Durable Solutionsand Resilience programming strategies, though crisis modifier and early solutions approaches in particular.
§ Provides technical guidance and support to the partners for quality assurance and compliance to all Concern commitments on Accountability (CHS), Sphere, Safeguarding, Central of Protection, and the localization agenda
§ Ensures timely completion of staff Performance Development Reviews (PDR) aligned with Concern policy and support them on development of career paths
Monitoring, reporting and accountability
§ Leads sharing of weekly highlights, Sitreps and timely submission of 3W matrixes to the relevant clusters
§ Ensures development and monitoring of monthly and quarterly plans to benchmark progress and challenges and provides feedback for improvements
§ Works closely with the MEAL team for development of project M and E plan and ensure collection of information against project indicators through appropriate tools such as post distribution monitoring etc.
§ Provides support to ensure preparation and timely submission of donor reports in compliance with internal and donor requirements
§ Undertakes regular visits to the project areas and timely report the findings and recommendations
§ Supportson setting up community level complaint and feedback mechanisms to promote downward accountability and ensure meaningful participation of communities
§ Ensures minimum standards of humanitarian assistance are maintained in accordance with the Sphere and the Core Humanitarian Standard on Accountability and Quality
§ Strengthens programme learning and documentation and supportsstaff to develop strong case studies to generate evidence of the programme impact
Networking and coordination
§ Supports ongoing coordination and representation with relevant agencies, particularly government officials, UN Clusters, INGOs as appropriate.
§ Maintains internal coordination and works closely with Concern and wider team members and supports integration within Concern programmes
§ Supports/leads on organising appropriate staff meetings, workshops, planning sessions.
§ Actively participatesin inter-agency assessments and exchange assessment reports with other humanitarian agencies.
§ Supports on identification of appropriate thematic areas for Concern engagement to raise its humanitarian profile
§ Supports implementation and roll out of Preparedness for Effective Emergency Response (PEER) plan with key stakeholders.
§ Takes active and constructive part in the teamwork and Programme Team mandate and contributes to sharing of experiences, reflections and learning in the organization
§ Updates knowledge on respective programmatic areas and cross sectors and generates innovative ideas
§ Other tasks as may reasonably be requested by the Emergency Coordinator.
|Person specification: |
|QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:· Graduate in Social Science, Managementor a relevant technical field.|
Experience and Skills
· At least 3 to 5 years’ experience of humanitarian/development programme implementation, including two years at management level.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in complex, insecure environments and previous work experience in Somalia
· In-depth knowledge and significant experience implementing multi-sectoral humanitarian programmes including on cash transfer programming, needs assessments and market analysis
· Thorough understanding and work experience of Somalia/Somaliland humanitarian contexts.
· Experience of emergency preparedness and a clear understanding of the emergency preparedness process.
· Experience of the humanitarian coordination system, humanitarian standards and principles, and humanitarian accountability initiatives.
· Strong team and personnel management skills, including security management.
· Demonstrable understanding and practical experience of key principles of Accountability, Safeguarding and the Centrality of Protection
· Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated capacity to relate well to actors at community and senior levels.
· Proven interest in learning and capacity development, of self and others.
· Good writing and presentation skills, including experience of proposal writing, narrative reporting and financial/budget management.
· Fluent spoken and written English and Somali
· Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, e-mail, internet.
· Willingness and ability to travel regularly to Concern’s offices in various operational areas, spending sometimes long periods away from base working with the broader team and overseeing field implementation
· Preferably experience in sectors such as food security and livelihood, WASH, nutrition and Shelter etc.
· Background on Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience with anticipatory humanitarian action
· Working and management experience with ECHO,DFID, IrishAid, UN SHF and other donors projects
· Familiarity and experience with participatory approaches including interviewing/ FGDs and data analysis techniques and systems
|How to Apply||Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications (cover letter and updated CVs) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application forEmergency Programme Manager” by Friday 25th March 2020.Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.|
N.B.Job applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the application deadline.
| Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies|
|Concern has Code of Conduct (CCoC) and its associated policies which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.|
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal