|Position: Education Project Officer|| |
LOCATION: Garowe (1) Qardho (1) Bosaso (1)
TASS was established in March 1992 just after the collapse of Somali central government; and it is one of the most successful and consistent community based, non-profit, humanitarian and development NGO in Somalia. TASS is legally registered organization in both Puntland and Federal government of Somalia and it has been involved in relief aid, rehabilitation, and development programs in various sectors: Education, Health, Rural Development, livelihood, good Governance, Protection and Emergency relief.
|SCOPE OF ROLE: Reports to: [Program Coordinator]|
Staff directly reporting to this post: Education Mobilizers
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: Project Implementation|
- The Project officer- under the guidance Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in line with the agreed plan of action and budget, donor, TASS and government policies, requirements and procedures.
- Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator the project officer will be supporting interventions in project target locations focusing on effective planning, reporting and implementation.
- The Project officer will ensure efficient utilization of project resources for the intended purpose through effective planning and monitoring.
- The Project officer will ensure synergy through collaboration and networking with other stakeholders implementing education programs.
- The project officer will ensure partnership with relevant partners including REOs and DEOs, CECs, teachers and children. The project officer shall ensure linkage among education and other thematic areas at field level.
- The Project officer will play key role in representing TASS in relevant networks and forums and engage in advocacy and dialogue with relevant education stakeholders at state level.
- The project officer will closely work with Ministry of education and Higher Education of Puntland state of Somalia for effective program implementation.
- Prepare training materials and programs with assistance of the Education Provincial Manager other staff and the Provincial CBE Officers according to the program needs
- He/she may report to project manager who will compile and verify the report and share with program Coordinator
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in humanitarian and development aid with teacher training experience.
- University degree in education, social Science, or any other related field.
- Familiarity with interagency education in emergency INEE minimum standards.
- Experience in DRR would be an asset.
- Experience in the child safeguarding guidelines and policies.
- Proven strong knowledge of implementing education in emergency projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- High analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Relevant experience in fragile context and community mobilization
- Knowledge of EiE, is a requirement
- Good knowledge of Bay region and Mai dialect is an asset.
How to apply
TASS is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as application for the position of Education Project officer and indicate the location
Application will be closed on 8th April 2021.